12.30.2011

Twist Of Sadness

Today was a really fun day, although sadly, there was some terrible news. But I'll get to that in a little bit.

So back in October, Tony and I celebrated our one year anniversary. Tony took me out that night, but he also gave me a voucher for a pedicure (and another one so a friend could go with me)! It was so sweet. He also purchased it for a place I had never been to before so I could try something new. Well, I went with my friend, Dana, and we had such a good time! We loved the place - it's in this tiny blue house (it used to be a residence) called Sparkle Beauty Bar. It's super cute and I loved it because all the employees speak English ;) It was nice to be able to talk to them and understand them. Dana and I got Peppermint Martini Pedicures (Dana had her toes polished sparkly red and I had mine polished dark purple in honor of Tony since it's his favorite color). It was nice to sit back, relax, and catch up. Then Dana went off and got a manicure (nails painted pink) and I got acrylics done (French tip, but instead of plain white, I got a pearl tip). I really hit if off with the owner, Melissa, who did my nails. She's so cool; I've definitely found a new place to go get my nails done at now :) So Tony done good ;) After we were done, Dana came back with me and spent a little time with Anistynn. 





After she left, Tony and I packed up Anistynn and took her up to my parent's house where she was going to spend the evening with grandma and grandpa. Tony and I went on a date night to the Spaghetti Factory and to see The Descendants. It was a really good movie because it was pretty realistic but it was also depressing too. It was a nice night out. It was even better because we didnt have to pay for any of it! About a month ago, I purchased a movie ticket deal (2 movie tickets on Fandango for $12) from Savemore. It was recommended through this blog that I follow, This Beautiful Frugal Life. She always sends out great deals, so I didnt think anything of this. Well, as it turns out, Savemore is one big scam. They charge you and dont send you your deal (gift cards, vouchers, or codes). Some people are lucky and they do get what they paid for, but for the majority, it is not that way. It's really sad for customers and vendors alike. The lady that runs TBFL didnt know (as she had purchased some of their deals in the past and had received hers) and was deeply apologetic. She posted a status on her page a couple weeks ago apologizing again and asked if anyone had any problems with Savemore via her page. I commented and said I never received the movie tickets and that I was hoping to have a date night out with my husband using them. She responded directly to me and then sent me 2 Fandango codes to use and a $50 restaurant gift certificate for the trouble so that I could have that nice date night out. Sooooo sweet of her. We did have a great time!






The sad news of the day was that Lia's kitty, Shadow Walter Way, passed away tonight. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it seemed like he had a punctured lung or something. Apparently, you could hear the air coming out of him :( They took him to the vet but it was going to be $400 just to run some tests and it didnt look very good anyway. So they had to put him down :( :( :( It's super sad. We will miss you, little Walts!!


0 comments: