12.18.2011

Hermesman Craziness

Last night was rough. We had a great day and when I went to go to sleep, an intense migraine out of nowhere hit me. It was so bad. It was pounding above my eyes and I tossed and turned for about 2 hours before I finally got some medicine (I was hoping I could just fall asleep and sleep it off). It took another couple hours before the medicine seemed to finally take hold (or maybe my headache just started to recede) but needless to say, I was dead tired this morning. So Tony, being the thoughtful husband he is, took Anistynn to church and let me sleep in.

When he got back, Tony, Anistynn, and I went to the Durango Mall (which has like 5 stores) to pass some time before we had to meet the Hermesman clan. It ended up paying off because I bought 2 cute tops from Vanity (buy one, get one 50% off)!

This afternoon, all of the Hermesmans got together to take a big family photo.. or should I say, photos? We went down to a bridge and took a ton of pictures. We did ones with everybody in it, individual families, kid shots, etc. The photos were taken by a local photographer, Stacy Hamer, who had also taken Alexa and Ashlee's senior pictures. I'm pretty sure she also did some baby pics of Kemper when he was born. Anyway, it turned out to be really fun and I cant wait to see the results of all that craziness! There were like 20 of us!

After the pictures were taken, we headed to Francisco's (yes, again - it's a Hermesman staple) to eat dinner and give them the gifts we had for everyone. The young adults had a Secret Santa going on - I had Ashlee and Tony had Anastasia. Whoever has us (we dont know yet) is going to ship our gifts to us so that we dont have to try to stuff everything in our small bags on the way back home. Anistynn was not officially part of it because too many people wanted to give her things haha. Ahh the life of a baby girl, huh? It was fun.

It was a pretty good day until just after dinner. We got in the car and I couldnt find my camera anywhere. I dont even know what prompted me to look but I did, and it was nowhere to be found. It could only be in the diaper bag or our pockets as we had the camera out during dinner right before we left. Tony went back in and searched the restaurant, giving them our information if it happened to turn up. We made calls to the family to see if it ended up with any of them but no luck. I'm really pissed because it was such a short amount of time for my camera to go missing. it doesnt make any sense!! It either ended up with a family member, is somewhere still in the restaurant, or was stolen. I mean, that's all it could be. We had it at dinner and then it was gone when we got in the car. That's a really short time period. I'm pissed because we had some cute pictures on there from today. It's also Christmastime and I NEED a camera!!!! I have a baby and I'm documenting her. 

To look on the positive side of things, at least I had uploaded pictures every day since I have been here. Everything from not only this trip, but that had ever been taken on that camera up until yesterday, is saved on my computer. So at least I didnt wait to do that until I got home, and ended up not having any of them from this trip because we lost our camera. But still. 

I. Am. So. Frustrated.

If it doesnt turn up, we'll go get an inexpensive camera at Target or Walmart or something when we get home. I cant go without one. I need pictures of my baby to document her changes! Call me obsessive or annoying or whatever, but I'm just a first time mom who's always wanted a baby, so I'm going to be taking lots of pictures of her, dang it!

I need to go to bed - I'm too irritated. Hopefully tomorrow will be better but I am just so stressed right now.

0 comments: