12.10.2011

Surprise Day

Today was Surprise Day - it's my dad's side of the family holiday party that is hosted at my parent's house. This year, we didnt get there until later because we had to run some errands this morning and traffic was h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e. My gosh. I guess it's the holiday season, huh? Anyway, we made it in time to visit and catch up (and introduce baby girl to everyone), as well as participate in the white elephant gift exchange. Tony got a radio (which he said he will use at work) and I got a food chopper (like to make salsa and such). It was fun getting to see everyone, but baby girl got a little worn out, I think. She usually does well with big groups of people but we had a pretty quiet day before getting there and then there were so many people laughing and talking loudly. She was being passed around from family member to family member (and my dad is the oldest of 13 kids, so all his brothers and sisters and their kids were there... you do the math!), so I think she just got overstimulated. Anyway, she ended up crying (you know, the kind of cry where it sounds like they got hurt and are in pain) and it took her a while to calm down. Tony had to go in a back room and feed her and just give her some time away in a quiet room. It was shocking because she never really gets like that (or maybe it really was because of Tom - inside joke!!) so we only stayed for a couple hours. As soon as we got home, she was all bright eyed and smiling so I can only guess she just wanted to be with mommy and daddy :) Well, here she is all ready to go to Surprise Day:




And here's a picture of her wearing handmade booties from great grandma, Bonnie!



0 comments: