12.12.2011

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Whew! I'm just sitting down to check my email.... at 11:30 PM! Today was busy. It seems like everything is go go go these days. December sure is a busy month! I spent the first part of the day (until 4:30 PM) just hanging out with and taking care of baby girl. Then Tony brought pizza home and we watched a 4 hour movie (Stephen King's Bag Of Bones - it was good!) - after that, I got down to cleaning. I cleaned everything and did all the laundry (including bedsheets and towels). There's nothing I love more than coming home from a trip to a nice clean warm house. It just makes things so much easier; then you can just unpack and do laundry when you get home. Easy peasy! Anyway, then I gave Anistynn a bath (and she was NOT happy for some reason). Tony took a shower while I fed her. Then I packed for Anistynn and I. It was soooo much harder packing for baby than it was for myself! That girl has too many options. I ended up packing all of her wintery outfits (and Christmas themed) - which was about 6 outfits - 2 pairs of boots, 1 pair of black dress shoes, 1 pair of tights, 7 pairs of socks, 2 jackets, 1 sleep sack, 1 sleeper, 1 white onesie (for underneath outfits), and a selection of headbands. All of that is packed in her little Trunkie (which is considered is carry on). Then we have my duffel bag (packed with warm clothes and girlie items), Tony's duffel bag (which is packed with his warm clothes and Christmas gifts for the Hermesmans), Tony's backpack (carry on - which includes my laptop, Tony's binder and books, my Kindle, and some Anistynn odds and ends), and the diaper bag (another carry on - which includes a little bit of everything, not limited to diapers, wipes, formula, pacifiers, burp cloths, and blankets.

So whew! Now everything is clean, packed, and good to go! I'm waking up at 6 AM and taking a shower. I'll wake Tony up at 6:30 AM and have him feed Anistynn while I get ready. Then he'll get dressed, and finally, baby girl will get dressed (with our help, of course). Then my mom will pick us up at 7:30 AM and take us to the airport! Our flight leaves at 10:45 AM and we arrive in Durango around 4:45 PM (we have a 1 hour layover in Denver and Durango is 1 hour ahead of us). We'll be gone for a week. I cant wait to see everyone. It's been too long. And I'm sooo excited to introduce Anistynn to everyone and have her meet her daddy's side of the family! Hopefully she'll be okay after her first flight and with being away from home for a week. I think she will be since Tony and I will still be with her. But you never know.... it's a lot for a 3 month old and December has been extremely busy; she's just been along for the ride! In January, things will settle down, but for now, I hope she'll be okay! :/

I will still get online while I'm over there so dont worry! ;) If I dont end up having a lot of time to write (which I can forsee happening) then definitely expect pictures! See you all later and wish us a safe and happy flight! :)

0 comments: