12.28.2011

Aimee

Today was Tony's mom's birthday. As most of you know, his mom, Aimee, passed away in 2009 from cancer. Although it is not a positive thing, it is something that Tony and I share as my mom passed away from cancer when I was 6 years old. At our wedding, we lit a candle in their honor and let it burn through the whole reception. And as you may remember, we just received a quilt for Anistynn for Christmas which was made by Tony's Nana, Suzanne (Aimee's mom), that contains the fabric that Aimee picked out for Tony's first child. It is very special for that reason. I know it's hard on all the Hermesman kids (as it would be for anyone) but I just wanted to take this moment to remember her. I'm sad that she wasnt able to meet her first granddaughter, but I know that's one of the reasons why we have such a happy, healthy, beautiful, baby girl. She is one of the special angels watching over her (other angels include my mom, Tanna, and Tony's aunt, Laurie). 

I'm so glad I got to know Aimee before she passed away. I feel lucky in knowing that I was able to meet her, since Tony ultimately became my husband. In fact, she took me to pick out my wedding dress, so that was another special addition to our wedding. She also bought me the flower girl basket that was used, so there were nice little touches everywhere. 

She is certainly missed and will always be remembered. So here's to Aimee!


And as a part of Aimee lives on, here are some new pictures of Anistynn!

















She was helping mommy blog last night.... And she got her new Bumbo seat today and loves it!! She does so well with holding her head up. She "loves her uncle" and she proclaimed it when we went to see Puss In Boots tonight, which was hilarious, by the way.

0 comments: