12.22.2011

Loooong Day

Today was a little too much. I had the kiddos over since my mom was working. Normally, I dont mind it at all but I ended up feeling a little off center today so things were getting to me. When I woke up, I came out into the living room with Anistynn and there were plates with ketchup all over them on the end table (they had made Taquitos), candy wrappers here and there, and empty plastic water bottles littering the couch. I had written them a note (my mom dropped them off on her way to work, so Anistynn and I were still sleeping when they arrived), telling them that we would be up soon, that we put our Netflix account on hold until March, and that we had unplugged the Wii since it was acting weird. Apparently they didnt read it, as Lia proceeded to tell me that she looked up my account on Netflix and said I needed to renew it. There was also white stuff all over the couch and I couldnt figure out what it was. The kids said they didnt know either. Then I was walking by the bathroom and I saw stuff all over the floor in the hallway. When I went in the bathroom, I saw wax all over the floor and counter. It seems Lia had tried to move our warmer that wax melts on for scents and she spilled it everywhere. That's what must have got on her pants, thus crushing into the couch. She had also apparently tried to wipe it up with our nice guest bathroom hand towel. I saw it was twisted backward on the holder, so I asked if I needed to wash it and she said noooo. Then I opened it and saw something all squished in it. I can only assume it was wax. And finally, to top everything off, we're doing a Secret Santa thing on my side of the family and I have Lia. Well, I left her gifts in Anistynn's closet (completely wrapped) because I thought for sure she wouldnt look in them, even if she did see them. Turns out I should have put them in my closet, because the tissue paper was all shoved to the side of the bags and I'm sure she saw everything. Well, the surprise is ruined there. Great.

I needed to run some errands today and I thought it would be easier for everyone to go so they could help me with baby girl so I could my things done quicker, but they were not a whole lot of help haha. True, Lia did sit in the back by Anistynn and fed her when she needed it. But at the store, Josh and Lia were pushing each other around in a wheelchair down the aisles, spouting their little comments back and forth to each other, and generally doing things that made me keep saying, "Guys, seriously!" 

Anyway, we finally got home and watched a movie. The kids were on Facebook (just like they had been ALL day whenever we were home) - Lia on my laptop, Josh on Tony's. Sigh.

I think Anistynn is just a little overwhelmed lately, what with all the traveling, people, and go go go nature of everything that has been going on this December. Ultimately, now that I think about it, it probably would have been a better idea for me and Anistynn to have a quiet day together while Tony was working. Oh well. Tomorrow we will have one. She needs to have one every so often. We will have like 5 days in a row after tomorrow of more people and shuttling about. I'm hoping things will kind of calm down a bit in January. 

So basically, it was a day of messes, headaches, surprises ruined, and cleaning.

I'm tired, so I'm going to hit the sack. Good night!!

0 comments: