12.25.2011

Happy Christmas :)

I say "Happy Christmas" instead of "Merry Christmas" because it's a more appropriate term for this year; it was a very happy Christmas indeed! I LOVE that I have a daughter to share this special holiday with. Even though she is only 3 months old, it is still special and I'm so blessed to have my little family of 3 to brighten this joyous holiday with.

This morning, we slept in until 10 AM! Then we took showers, made Cinnamon Rolls, and watched Elf (one of the best Christmas movies out there). We didnt start opening presents until noon! I told Tony that this will probably be the last year we can do this as we will probably have presents done in the future by 7 AM ;) But it was nice. We didnt finish until about 1 PM - we took our sweet time. We definitely spoiled each other. I felt like I got married today as I received mostly Suzy Homemaker type gifts :) Some notable gifts are noted below:

TONY

~ Photography classes (I got him classes that are for everyone, beginners or advanced, and it's small groups that go around Portland and take pictures. It will be so fun for him, I think).
~ $25 gift card to go get his favorite energy drinks (which was also attached to one of the energy drinks) - which is notable because I HATE that he drinks those.... I must really love him! ;)
~ Warm fuzzy PJ pants.
~ Business books (from his cousin, Rick).
~ Books by one of his favorite authors, Rick Riorda.
~ A customized notebook for his business ideas and sketches and a business card holder for his business cards, both for his business, The Hallow Design.
~ Skull bookmarks.

DANIELLE

~ Crock pot with a black and white vintage design.
~ Mini ironing board.
~ Iron.
~ Dishes.
~ A non stick Paula Deen skillet.
~ $15 Starbucks gift card.
~ $50 Pottery Barn gift card (from Tessa).
~ Tea infuser (from Bonnie).
~ Pashmina (from Bonnie).
~ 2 necklaces (one from Tony and one from Bonnie).

ANISTYNN

~ Cool toys including a rattle ball, Twilight Turtle (it projects stars on the ceiling), and a rolling pig (from Bill, Susan, and family).
~ Cute outfits (from Bill, Susan, and family, Ted and Irina, TJ and Beth, and my parents - Lyndon and Cheryl).
~ Ellen onesie (from Mama).
~ Onesie that says "My Daddy's My Paparazzi" (from me, to Tony and Anistynn).
~ A mini giraffe Pillow Pet (from Mama).
~ Headbands.
~ Shoes and leg warmers.
~ Money for her savings account (from Valerie, Ted and Bonnie, Ted & Irina, Bill and Edith, and us).
~ Mini vintage sippy cups (from Bonnie).
~ Onesies and a blanket (from Rebecca).
~ A handmade blanket (from Sheena).
~ A handmade quilt using the fabric that Tony's mom had picked out before she passed away for Tony's first child (made by Tony's Nana, Suzanne) - SO special!!!

So as you can see, we were spoiled this year. We have so much to be grateful for in our lives. There are so many people, friends and family, who love us and I'm continued to be amazed by people's generosity and kindness.

After presents were done, I made Peanut Butter Blossom cookies to take over to my grandparent's house (along with rolls and sparkling apple cider). We arrived over there around 5:30 PM and just ate and visited until everyone arrived. Then it was time for the gift exchange. We have a tradition where someone in the family dresses up as Santa every year. It doesnt matter how old we are (and the fact that we continue to do it even though the youngest was Lia, unitl Anistynn arrived, proves that). It's tradition :) Anyway, once we exhausted the guys in the family doing it, we started using additions to the family. Since there were 2 weddings last year (my sister's and mine), her husband, Jack, was Santa last year. So guess who's turn it was this year.... that's right: Tony :) So Lia and I got him ready in the garage and then he rang the bells and came through the front door once everyone was gathered in the living room. Santa always has a helper, and it's usually the youngest person in the family, but since Anistynn is still too young, Lia stepped in as helper. Santa sits in a chair and Lia brings him gifts. He reads the name aloud and that person goes up and sits on Santa's lap (many photos are taken), and then they get their gift and open it. Tony did a good job, although he is a normally pretty quiet guy, so I had to keep reminding him to YELL out people's names! Haha. But it's good he was Santa this year so that Anistynn doesnt get confused as years go on..... ;)

Once again, we got spoiled. Tony got funny underwear glove type things (Handerpants, I think they're called) and a belt buckle from Jack, I got bubble bath, lotion, candles, bracelets, and a picture frame to hold a photo of Anistynn in from April, and Anistynn got toys from Alec.

Anistynn was kind of having a rough night because she had a quiet day up until then and then was thrust into a place with a bunch of people and lots of chaos. She was kind of fussy, but was a perfect angel during presents. Hmmm.... haha ;) The last straw though, was when I saw a spider come out of Karissa's hair so I ran away and Gary came up behind her and yelled, "BOO!" like incredibly loud. Anistynn was sitting with my mom on the couch and got startled so she burst into tears. Hahaha, it was sad but he didnt even think about her being right there. We all knew it was going to happen as soon as he did it. Anyway, we ended up going home earlier than we normally would have, but it was for the best.

We had a great first Christmas! Here are photos from our morning at home (I'll post pics from Grandma's house tomorrow):






























































































0 comments: