6.30.2011

Glucose Test = Done!

Well, it's done. My blood has been sent to the lab. We'll find out the results soon - hopefully there isnt anything to worry about!! Keep your fingers crossed! 

I had to drink this crazy sweet drink that was orange flavored (ick) within 5 minutes. Then I had to get my blood drawn exactly one hour after that. I drank it on the way to the lab and after downing it (with it having an aftertaste of cough syrup, I might add), I felt like I was going to hurl the whole rest of the way there. After riding the elevator up to the 3rd floor, I almost spewed everything out when I got off. I had to sit in the hallway and try to contain myself for a minute while Tony went to check me in. After a few minutes of praying to God that I wouldnt throw up everywhere, I finally made it to the office and we proceeded to wait for about 15 minutes before I was called in. The lady that drew my blood was extremely efficient (and funny) and I was out of there in like 2.5 seconds flat. 

Because I couldnt eat anything for two hours prior to drinking the glucose drink and then still not being able to eat anything for an hour after that (until after my blood was drawn), I was a little lightheaded after my appointment. So Tony and I headed over to 23rd and grabbed a couple slices of pizza from Escape From New York Pizza. 



* The giraffes above were painted on the wall inside the pizza parlor *

After we filled our tummies, we went in a few of the little shops that line 23rd. I still wasnt feeling awesome (a bit nauseous) so we got back in the car to head home. We hit major traffic. I'm talking MAJOR. Rush hour traffic is so lovely when you're not feeling good. All that starting and stopping.... And then to top it off, I all of a sudden had to pee. I'm talking about the kind where you feel like you're going to explode (but you dont want to pee in your pants, not only because of the embarrassment that follows, but because you dont want to pee all over your nice clean car) and you're pregnant. I think we all know what I'm talking about here, ladies. We finally were able to pull off onto an exit and run into Fred Meyer where after about 2 excruciating minutes of waiting in line, I was finally able to get into a stall and do my business. I felt sooo much better.

Of course, getting back into the car and back onto the freeway was a different matter. The traffic remained and my nausea didnt go away either. Needless to say, it wasnt super enjoyable the rest of the way home. So now I'm laying in bed watching Bridezillas and Amsale Girls (which I missed last Sunday).

0 comments: