6.28.2011

Baby Baby!

And here's yet another appointment update in the life of Danielle Hermesman:

Everything went great! Weight gain, blood pressure, urine sample.... All were just perfect. My doctor asked if we had looked at birth classes at all; I told her we were already registered for a couple of them in late July. She measured my tummy and I'm 28 centimeters which is just great because I'll be 28 weeks on Friday! We also listened to Anistynn's little heartbeat again and it was just as strong as ever :) My doctor kept saying how active she was - boy, dont I know that!!! It was funny at the end of my appointment because I had been laying down so she could measure me and listen to the heartbeat and she went over to throw something away and was saying that she would help me sit up....just as I was sitting up real quickly. She said, "Wow, you got some tummy muscles there, dont you?!" I cracked up. She said she actually has to help a lot of her patients up because it's a struggle.

She also gave me the glucose super sugary drink so that I could test for gestational diabetes. She told me to take it home and refrigerate it and then come back to the lab tomorrow to test for it. So I'm supposed to not eat or drink anything (except water) 2 hours prior to drinking the orange glucose drink. Then I drink it all within 5 minutes. I then have to get my blood drawn exactly an hour later. So that will happen tomorrow. Please keep me in your thoughts - again, I'm not overly worried about it, but I am still concerned because, well, who wouldnt be? I try to take care of my baby as best as I can and this is just one of those things that could be such a downer. So I would appreciate prayers that I dont have anything to worry about!!

But in the meantime, I feel good that Anistynn is doing just fine. She's apparently about 2 pounds. Awww - I cant believe I have a little growing baby inside me!

0 comments: