6.16.2011

Farewell, Katrina! :(

Today I had lunch with my good friend, Katrina. We went to Old Chicago and just caught up. She is moving to Idaho this week and I'm so sad! :( I will miss her soooo much! She is my oldest friend. Our parents were friends before we were born, so we were basically baby friends. Thinking of how much I love Katrina and how important she is in my life, makes me hope for a friend like that for Anistynn. I think it's such a wonderful gift to have a lifelong lasting friendship. Kat has always been there for me - she's always been a good friend. She's been concerned when something was wrong, supportive when I needed a friend, reliable, fun, loving. We went to the same church (still do). Her family lived right across the street from my grandparent's house (they still do) so we got together often while growing up. She has always gotten me a little something for my birthday each year and it always hits the nail right on the head. Her gifts are displayed around my house, all of them, because she knows me so well! When I went away to college, she wrote me letters and sent me a stuffed giraffe. When I moved to Colorado, she sent me more letters and small gifts. She sent me a sympathy card when my boyfriend passed away. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding and she was the only one out of all 5 of them who attended all my pre-wedding festivities. We have had many sleepovers, lunches, birthday parties, concerts, phone calls, and events together. We even went on camp outs and mission trips together. Needless to say, she always been there for me in some way and for that, I am so appreciative. Even today, when we met up for lunch, she gave me a couple of cute things for Anistynn since she wouldnt be here for my baby shower. She is so thoughtful! 








Awww.... I love you, Katrina! 

0 comments: