5.31.2011

Summer 2011

Summer is quickly approaching and plans are being made. We already have a bunch of things planned out and in a way, it's kind of scary because quicker than we know it, it will all fly by and September will be here, which means Anistynn will make her appearance! The good thing is that we will be fairly busy so I dont have a lot of time to think about what labor will be like and my fear of the hospital. Here's what we have lined up for summer so far:

JUNE

- Get furniture set up in the nursery and organize what we already have.
- My cousin Justin's graduation party.
- Babymoon (hopefully - we dont have a set plan yet but we are aiming for at least a weekend trip sometime in June, even if it's just to the beach).
- Father's Day.
- Prenatal yoga classes (I got this sweet deal from LivingSocial where I purchased a month of unlimited yoga classes for $25 at a studio that is just minutes from where I live)!
- Baby check up.

JULY

- Criss Angel book signing in Las Vegas at the Luxor hotel (we're trying to figure out a way to get there and if we can even do it - I've always always wanted to go see his show Believe at the Luxor, and I just found out he's having a signing for his book on July 2nd, so I could meet him too! It's not unrealistic to get there for it because it's not across the country or anything crazy....I'd love to get to go).
- The Fourth of July (probably a family BBQ or something).
- Birthdays: Ryan (my cousin), Tera (my sister), and Lyndon (my dad).
- Seattle (MAYBE - Tony has a car show thing he'd like to go to so we might just make a weekend of it).
- Baby check up.

AUGUST

- Wallowa Lake :D
- Birthdays: MINE (!), Ron (my uncle), Gary (my uncle), and Emma (my cousin).
- Pregnancy class: Childbirth A - Z (will cover pregnancy, labor and delivery, newborn care, breastfeeding, and many other important need to know things. Instead of taking a weekly 2 hour class for like 6 weeks, we are taking the weekend series, so we will go for 3 days, about 6 hours a day).
- Hospital Tour (so I can be more comfortable with what will be happening when I go into labor).
- Baby Shower for Anistynn!
- Finish up any remaining decorating or arranging of the nursery.
- Baby check up.

SEPTEMBER (I'm not going anywhere until baby is born because I dont want to risk going into early labor somewhere far away from my hospital)!

- Car seat will be installed in our car.
- Baby check ups.
- My brother Erik's birthday.
- Arrival of Anistynn! (On or around the 23rd).

And I'm sure more things will come up but that's what we have planned so far. I really cant believe I'm already 6 months along... Holy moly! I'm so ready to be done with being pregnant (I know, I know, I already am done with it haha), but it's also approaching soooo quickly and I cant even believe it! I'm anxious, excited, nervous, and scared to death all at the same time. Never have I had so many mixed emotions over something before. It's really amazing how in touch with my body I have become throughout this whole process. I watch and analyze everything I put in my mouth to eat or drink. I'm way more focused on my weight gain and looks than ever before (which is both good and bad - I've never really had issues with anything before; it's not like I'm obsessed with my looks normally but I've really only ever fluctuated between 5 and 10 pounds throughout my whole life except while I was a kid growing into myself obviously. So it's really strange to have a tummy now and to put on weight consistently for 6 months, soon to be 9 months - I'm just not used to it. I think that's why I'm more physically tired because everything is so new that I'm experiencing - not to mention my body is working overtime inside)! And I'm also already protective. I'm always covering my stomach (or kind of holding it, if you will), rubbing it, and providing a shield over it. I even hold onto it with one hand while I put my pants on! Haha. I dont want to squish her ;) And every twinge, pain, or kick I feel, I stop for a moment and listen to my body telling me if it's normal or if I should be worried.

I just cant wait until I can meet the little girl who's been living in my tummy for the last 6 months - 3 more months to go!

0 comments: