5.25.2011

Chick Lit

So I've been on a reading kick lately. I'm an avid reader but for a while there, I kind of lapsed on my typical genres. While I was so sick for the first part of my pregnancy, I actually hardly read anything because believe it or not, I really couldnt even do that. It was ridiculous. Then when I started reading again, it was all pregnancy books. I had all different kinds and that's all I was focused on. Well just recently, finally, I got back into my novels again. I started reading what I call Chick Lit - I'm currently reading the Emily Giffin novels. I got all 5 of them at Powell's (which is a bookstore I adore) for $4 a book. For those of you who are not familiar with Emily Giffin, she wrote the book Something Borrowed, which just came out as a movie this past month. I finished that book the day before Tony took me to see the movie (on Mother's Day). I enjoyed the film, but as is with most cases, the book was better in my opinion. I got busy with some other things this last month and just picked up the second novel, Something Blue, yesterday. I'm almost done with it and will finish it tonight. Then it's on to Baby Proof, Love The One You're With, and Heart Of The Matter. Both Something Blue and Baby Proof have been locked into films so we should expect to see those out fairly soon. I enjoy these books because you can understand where each character is coming from. The books deal with real life situations in an honest light. It presents a tough circumstance, where your first instinct is to be appalled...but then you can see where the character is coming from and you feel for them and can totally see it how they're seeing it. I cant wait to move on to the next one. I should clarify that it is not a series - the first two go together - but the others are separate stories entirely. Still. I love when I get into a good reading marathon :)

0 comments: