5.05.2011

And She Shall Be Called....

I announced what we were naming our baby girl last week on Facebook, but I realized I havent yet on my blog! So the name we have chosen is (drum roll please).....

Anistynn Grace

And for those of you wondering, YES, the name is pronounced like "Aniston" - as in Jennifer Aniston. When thinking of names for our baby, we had favorites that we'd thought about or discussed in passing within the last few years, but we still made lists. We eventually picked a name for each gender, since we didnt know what it was. We decided on the final names 3 or so months ago. So we were just waiting to find out what we were having so we could give him or her an identity. When we found out we were having a little girl, our name still stuck around - we were firm on it and loved it. We started calling her it right away :)

We wanted something a little different, but we we didnt want to traumatize our child or give them a name that could easily be made fun of or was too hard to spell or pronounce. While perusing names one day, I started thinking about names of things I liked - characters from books and movies, actors, actresses, even names of objects I really liked. Jennifer Aniston is my favorite actress and I started thinking what a cute name her last name would make. I ran it by Tony and he really liked it. I've always like the named Annie, because it is the main character out of one of my favorite book series (Death on Demand by Carolyn Hart). Annie Darling is a sweet, smart, and lively girl who owns a bookstore on an island and is married to Max Darling, who is a hopeless romantic and is a "private detective" at his own business called Confidential Commissions. They always end up being involved in whatever mysteries happen to occur on Broward's Rock (the island they live on - and they live in a tree house!). These books first came out in the 80's and there's at least a new one every year. So I've always liked the name Annie (and it's just so cute and sweet sounding) but I didnt really want to name my child that because it was still a little too common. After thinking of Aniston, I figured we could call her Annie as a nickname if we wanted to. I still liked the name Grace as a middle name and Tony agreed. So we had our name! About 2 weeks before we found out the sex, we were tossing around ideas for a different spelling of the name (because we were going to originally just use Aniston) and Tony came up with Anistynn. I love it - it's so feminine and it will be so pretty. 

So there you have it :) We cannot wait to meet little Anistynn Grace!

0 comments: