5.09.2011

Lovely Grans

Happy birthday to my wonderful Grandma! She has been the best grandma a girl could have. She's more of a best friend to me and I love her so much! I have so many good memories from my childhood thanks to my grandparents. My grandma and I have a very special bond; I can talk to her about anything - and I mean anything. My grandparent's house is such a special place - I feel so comfortable there and I have so many memories. There are also certain things, certain foods, that I only enjoy there. It's weird but that's just how it is. Specific things and foods just arent the same anywhere else. 

One of my all time favorite things that I have done with my grandma over the years is reading books to her. I have been reading to her for years, all different kinds of books. We could read for hours. We would get glasses of iced tea, go sit in the living room, and break open a book. She always said she loved when I read to her because I could make the story, whatever it was, come alive. Rascal, my dog given to me by my grandparents for my 9th birthday and who also lives with them, would always make his way in and lay down beside us to hear the story too. Just thinking about all those times makes me feel calm and peaceful. I love it.

My grandma is so special to me and I dont know what I'd do without her. I love you, Granny!



0 comments: