5.18.2011

Pregnancy Dreams

My dreams during this pregnancy are crazy! Some are super unnerving, some are really happy, and some are really freaky. During the first trimester, I was having all these dreams about losing the baby. Some were pretty horrific, and I would wake up feeling so guilty and ashamed that I could even dream such a thing. It was really nerve wracking to have those kinds of dreams like every night. I notice that I pretty much dream every night now, at least that I can remember. I wake up remembering right away. Once I started to progress further in my pregnancy, my dreams turned to Tony and his absence. He was either gone or leaving. I tend to have the same kind of dream all the time - that he cheats on me and then leaves. He doesnt die or anything like that - it's always him cheating. I either see it or I find out and then he always acts like he doesnt even care - which is SO unlike him. I always wake up feeling absolutely shocked, sad, and sometimes wondering if it actually did happen. Sometimes I'm mad and I have to take a while to come out of it before I can even talk to him. 

The other dreams I've been having lately all involve me getting in a car crash. I'm always the passenger and the airbag pops into my face and stomach. And in every single dream, no matter if they involve Tony or an accident, I'm SO concerned about the baby. Always always always. I'm very aware of it all the time. It's like I'm trying to protect her from everything that could potentially harm her or me. But I have had some good dreams too - most will be just the most random everyday things. They almost dont feel like dreams because they're so normal. Just taking care of the baby, spending time with her, etc. And sometimes she'll be older - the other night she was a teenager! I looked the exact same as I do now, and yet she was a teenager and I was doing stuff with her like a friend would. 

Before we found out what we were having, I would have dreams where I would have a baby in the hospital and name it. I had a few of those dreams - one time it was a boy and the other times were all girls. Once I even dreamed that I had twin girls and I named them Savannah and Jersey. Haha! I was so happy with those names too. Craziness. I love some of the dreams I have and I am horrified by others. I'm a little afraid to fall alseep because I just never know what my mind is going to play out for me next!

I've read that my dreams are totally normal. Women who are pregnant tend to usually have dreams that consist of losing the baby, trying to protect the baby and not being able to, and losing your significant other and being alone. It's your greatest fears that come to light when you're asleep and dreaming. But it's still upsetting when it happens!

0 comments: