5.01.2011

May Day

What a day! I can safely say this felt like Christmas to me. But let me back up a bit.... I was feeling fairly sick this morning with some nausea so I slept in a bit and took a shower while Tony went to church. He brought back some donuts from Doughworks. After we had eaten, we went to Starbucks to meet up with my friend Sheena, where we visited with her for a couple hours. After that, I was getting a little hungry again, so we went to Francisco's again and got kids meals :) After fulfilling our empty tummies, we went back to Bonnie's house to get ready for the BBQ they were having at their house. The Hermesman family came over which consisted of Tony and I, Beth, TJ, Kemper, Bill, Rick, Ivery, Anastasia, Ashlee, and Ted and Bonnie, of course. Teddy and Irina werent there because they were coming back from a cruise and Susan and Tessa were also out of town. A few friends came over and visited for a while as well. As a side note, I must mention that Kemper was hilarious. He couldnt stay away from the stove buttons, the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen, and just random objects around the house. We got such a kick out of him!

Now here's the kicker: it had been blustery all morning but by the time the BBQ rolled around, it was full on snowing. It continued to snow the rest of the day and there was easily 3 inches or more. So we were sitting there eating hamburgers and hot dogs with it dumping snow outside. Insane!! I kind of enjoyed it though because we basically didnt get any snow this year in Oregon so that was my snow :) Irina had sent a bag with Beth to give to me and it had a cute maternity dress for me in it with a couple of adorable onesies too. Beth also gave us a nice and thoughtful gift. And Bill and Susan gave us a gift card to Baby Gap. We are seriously so appreciative of everyone's generosity! So with the family, the food, the gifts, and the snow, it felt like Christmas!





Earlier in the day we had seen a new pizza place in town that wasnt there before so Tony went in to pick up a pepperoni pizza from Fired Up Pizzeria as a late night snack and we munched on that. Time for bed now as we head out in the morning to drive the long way home!

0 comments: