5.28.2011

Manzanita

Today we went to the beach - Manzanita. Tony had to make a delivery (some cushions for a guy's table and chairs set) so I decided to go with him and we ended up bringing the kids along for a little day trip. We made our way to Nehalem to meet the guy, listening to Lady Gaga's new album, Born This Way, the whole way down. I really love it! It's so diverse. I would say the songs sound cultural and like they're from different decades, yet still Gaga. I really like it because the beats are awesome and it's very dance-like, which I love. My favorite songs are:

- Marry The Night
- Government Hooker
- Judas
- ScheiBe
- Bad Kids
- Heavy Metal Lover

Although, I really do like the album, so it's hard to pick favorites. Tony even likes it as well. He doesnt have a problem with Lady Gaga normally or anything, but he actually wants to listen to it when we get in the car ;)

Anyway, we had a bit of a bump in the road on the way down... Tony got a ticket! He wasnt even aware that the speed changed from 65 MPH to 55 MPH, and he was going 70 MPH. Aaaah! So he got a ticket with a fine of $235! But if he goes to court and gets assigned to take a Traffic Safety Course, then the fine will be greatly reduced and the ticket will be dropped off his Oregon driving record. So after that lovely pit stop, we finally made it to the beach. We met up with the guy, delivered his cushions, and headed back 2 miles to Manzanita. We parked and walked up and down all the little shops. Then we headed down to the beach and hung out for a bit, took lots of pictures, dug our feet in the sand, and....froze to death. It wasnt the prettiest sunniest day (in fact, it rained on the way there and back) and it was overcast and super windy. But at least we got to go! I hadnt been to the coast in quite a while. We ate dinner at Marzano's Pizza Pie, which is a pizza place that my family and I went to a few years back. It was some of the best pizza I've ever had so I knew we had to eat there. Then we grabbed some ice cream for dessert and drove back home. 








 We took the kids back to their house and visited with my parents and them for a few hours. Tony and I ended the day by seeing The Hangover Part II. They had all kinds of security there for it - it was ridiculous! We got carded, ticket-checked multiple times, and our hands had to be stamped. It was really funny but I think I like the first one better overall. Still, we laughed so hard and wore ourselves out, so now we are so ready to crash. Good night!

0 comments: