5.24.2011

Adding To The Nursery...

Payday is June 5th and we will be ordering the rest of the furniture for the nursery! We will be getting the matching changing table and dresser to our crib. 




I'd still like to get a small nightstand and a small bookshelf, but they dont have any in the same brand. So I've been looking around at random places but havent been able to find anything I really like yet. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it! I know I want it to be somewhat similar to the furniture I will have in there and have the pieces be as close to the coffee color we have currently. So either a coffee or an espresso color.... something like that. I've looked at Pottery Barn Kids, IKEA, and Babies R Us. We'll probably just try Target or somewhere random like that next. 

We will be ordering a glider chair too and this is the one we have picked out. I sat in it and it was sooo comfortable! (It will be in the dark wood, with either the chocolate fabric or the cream fabric - havent decided yet - I feel like chocolate might be an overwhelming color of brown in the room, but I dont know - thoughts?):



We will also be getting the bedding we have chosen for little miss Anistynn. I love it because it looks so elegant and it's not bright pink. I actually didnt think I would want something so girlie..... I always thought I wanted the nursery to be pretty neutral but I just fell in love with this set because it looks so vintage. We will be getting the whole bedding set (fitted sheet, bed skirt, quilt, and bumper - although we will really only be using the fitted sheet, and of course the bed skirt, for a while so there's no extra bedding in there to potentially harm baby). We'll also be getting the window valence, lamp, hanging frames, light switch plate cover, nightlight, changing table pad cover, and mobile. Oh, and the name of this collection is Daniella :)


I really want to spell her name out in wooden letters and put it somewhere in the nursery but I'd rather have them sit on a shelf then hang on the wall. My aunt recommended this great site Craftcuts that sells all types. I love it, although it is a tad on the expensive side. So we're looking into that.... however, Tony would like a project and he likes the idea of cutting and making the letters himself. Then we can create them exactly how we want them.

Again, these are pictures of what we are ordering, but I will post more pics of what the end result is once we're finished putting it together! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the glider in cream! Its perfect! I love it <3 And it matches really any decor, so if you decide to move it out of the nursery it will more than likely match. And it is spill resisant! (huge plus because you will be amazed at how everything gets everywhere)

anyways you have picked out a beautiful set, and all those things will be more than nifty, let me assure you!

-Stefanie

Hilary Matzdorf said...

You have picked out beautiful furniture! I would go with the cream!