7.22.2011

Sorry! We're Closed - Come Back.... Never.

So is it just me or is everything going out of business lately?? I mean, there's lots of little odds and ends type of shops closing down all the time, but now Borders?? I heard a while back that some of their stores were shutting down but apparently now all of them are. Tony and I went in there today to raid the sales and we got a few books and magazines and saved about $20.00. I totally get it though, what with them being overpriced (same with Barnes & Noble) and with the popularity of Amazon and the eBook generation. I mean, I'm in love with my Kindle. But I still want bookstores!! Okay okay, as long as Powell's doesnt shut down - that's where I draw the line. Everything else can go for all I care, but the minute Powell's goes away is the minute my life just went down the drain. Blahhh! And to think, my life's dream (besides having kids, being a mother, and raising a family, of course) was to own my own bookstore / coffee shop. But with eReaders all the rage and constantly on the rise, who knows what the future of bookstores looks like? I may just have to move to a small town somewhere random and open one up - keep the local charm, you know? 

And to top it off, Old Chicago went out of business as well. Super good pizza - right out the window. Sigh. Then again, f they'd just put an In N' Out here, I would be content. 

Oh and I'm 31 weeks today! Update.

0 comments: