7.24.2011

A Perfect Picture

I had this dream last night that was so surreal - and quite frankly, amazing. Well, it was amazing to be dreaming it, I guess. It all felt so... floaty. 

I was standing in our nursery (it was totally put together, including paint on the walls - which we're not doing because we dont plan on being here for very long after she's born) and everything looked great. The sun was pouring in through the window and everything was bright and cheery. All browns, creams, and pale pinks, with all the matching furniture and cute girlie vintage touches surrounding me. Well, surrounding us. I was sooooo pregnant; just absolutely ready to pop. I was wearing a very cute maternity outfit that nicely flattered me in all areas. I stood there in the nursery and slowly turned around in a circle to take it all in. I had my hands on my tummy, almost in a protective mommy type of way. Once I had returned to my first position, I pulled a pin (or a needle?) out of God knows where, held it up where it reflected in the light for a split second, then I popped my tummy with it. Just like a balloon. It wasnt gross - nothing nasty came out. No typical birth mess, just air. My baby floated out like another balloon or something right up into the air in front of me. She looked like one of those chubby adorable 6 month old babies, not a newborn. And she was wearing a diaper. She was in a sitting position (floating in the air), her little legs drawn together and hands clasped together with a huge grin on her face. I reached out and grabbed her, bringing her to my face where I could inhale her scent. I felt complete with her in my arms and together we turned toward the sunlight, feeling the happiest I have ever felt in the entire world.....

:)

0 comments: