7.19.2011

Anyone Want To Share?

To all of you mommies and / or daddies out there:

I'm looking to hear people's positive birth stories. I know there's always a chance that something can happen and every pregnancy, labor, and delivery is different and I cant expect things to happen like any of yours did. It will be my own personal story, unique to me and me only. BUT I still would like to hear the positive stories. I think that by hearing some experiences of people I know personally (and who are not only fine and thriving after the fact but awesome parents as well) that I can look forward to this with more excitement. Granted, I'm anxious and pumped beyond belief to meet my daughter and I'm so stoked for everything after she's here but I am dreading certain events and environments that will lead up to that. I hear all the time that it's worth it once you get to the end - but that's so cliche and generic. 
So if you feel comfortable, I would love to hear any of the following:

- Your story.
- Your favorite part and why.
- Any feelings you had before, during, and / or after.
- If you had any cool doctors or nurses.
- The coolest part about the hospital you were in.

And even if you had a rough birth process or an intense labor, or maybe you felt the same way I'm currently feeling, but if you did, what techniques did you use or what things helped you to get through it so you could come out on the other side where your baby is finally here?

Like I said, I'm sure as soon as she's here, everything will slip by the wayside. Until then, all I have is time to think about things (and that's not always good): the many many ways my own personal labor and delivery could go, what the pain will feel like, how the recovery will be for me, how breastfeeding will go and what it will feel like, and most importantly, if everything is okay and healthy with Anistynn. While I'm waiting (not so patiently), anything and everything crosses my mind. 

Thanks for your input!

0 comments: