7.10.2011

July Birthdays

Today was so much fun! We went over to my aunt and uncle's house for a BBQ to celebrate July birthdays in our family. Today was my cousin Ryan's actual birthday and then my sister Tera's is this Saturday, the 16th. It was awesome because not only was it our usual family get together attendants, but also family from out of town normally were all there! Shanna, Emma, Jenna, and Morgan (the Texas girls) were there and so was my cousin Elisa! It was great getting to visit and catch up with everybody. Good food and lots of laughter was had all around. Ashlee, Tony's sister, also came with us and she had a blast. She loved my family and thought they were so cool :) I'm very proud of them myself!!

Highlight / memorable moment of the day: Gary brought out a stethoscope and wanted to see if anyone could hear my baby's heartbeat. I couldnt (I think it was too loud in the room and my position wasnt great for hearing it) but my cousins Elisa and Rosey and my uncle Gary all heard it. My aunt and mom both tried but claimed they couldnt hear anything. Of course, it's much more magnified and loud in the doctor's office....but it's pretty cool that they could still hear it through a stethoscope. It was interesting to have everyone so intent on my belly too, but kind of cool at the same time :) Just one more reason to validate how I know this little girl will be so doted upon and loved by many =]

All the cousins and kids got involved in a water fight game of kickball (it's usually the Pirates vs the Ninjas, but this time they were the Kelly Clarksons vs the Justin Biebers). The games are so violent and hilarious HAHA! You have to attend one to really know what I'm talking about. The highlights included Marcus (James' dog) popping the first kickball with his teeth and then continually trying to get the second one through the whole game, Jack's crazy phrases ("Devastation!!!!"), Tony jumping over the fence and breaking it, my dad making random crazy noises every time someone kicked the ball, James dropping the dog's glass water bowl on Ashlee's foot (accidentally) and it shattering everywhere on the ground and into her foot - causing everyone in my family to rush to her aid and take care of her quickly and completely (she was shocked because she claims she has never been so fussed over - and she's completely fine, by the way), and when the ball narrowly missed all of us innocent audience members sitting on the sidelines because it was accidentally kicked in our direction (I so wish I could have played but apparently it's advised against when you're pregnant, let alone in your 3rd trimester....)! 

We celebrated the birthdays with lemon cake and chocolate cupcakes. After some more visiting, we headed home after a long enjoyably exhausting day. My dad took a ton of pictures so once he gets them up on Facebook, I might steal a few and post them here for you to see.

0 comments: