7.04.2011

Happy Fourth!

I originally thought I wanted to go do something big for the 4th of July, if only because it's our last official holiday (besides Labor Day and I'll be so pregnant by then that I probably wont do anything) before baby girl gets here. So we planned on going down to the waterfront for the fireworks show. However, after really thinking about it, 10 PM (which is when the show started) was just too late for us. So call us old or call me pregnant, but we made the decision to not attend. Plus, you have to get there around 6 PM if you want to get a good spot and I figured I might get somewhat uncomfortable sitting on the ground waiting for 4 hours. So instead, we went to the Lan Su Chinese Garden in Portland (I had gotten tickets for us to go for Tony for Father's Day and we had yet to get down there). Tony took tons of pictures and I took a few myself:







After we wore ourselves out there (and I got more overheated than I probably should have let myself get - SUNNY day in Oregon in the mid 80's!!), we went to dinner at the Olive Garden. All our conversation revolved around was the expected arrival of Anistynn. We wondered who she would look like (me, Tony, both, or neither), what my labor would be like (will my water break or will I have to be induced?), would she come early, right on time, or late? etc. Funny how the topic of baby girl overtakes our lives... Nothing really seems more important, I guess. I made mention that if and when we ever got to go to dinner after she was born, that our conversations would probably remain the same - all about her. She consumes my life already :)

We ended our night by going to see Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon. It was pretty good but the first one is still my favorite (HOWEVER, I cant stand Megan Fox). The movie was 2 hours and 40 minutes so I was itching to go to the restroom by the end of it!! I made it through the whole thing without having to leave though - willpower!!! ;) The other cool thing is that we saw it for $4.00 because I got a great Groupon deal the other day for 2 movie tickets for $4.00. Cant pass something like that up. We caught some fireworks on the way home so all was not lost on this patriotic holiday.

I guess it's time to hit the sack - we have a lot of errands we have to run tomorrow (since we couldnt do anything on Sunday or today since everything was closed). Happy Fourth of July!

0 comments: