7.28.2011

Am I Done Yet?

So. I really feel like I'm done with this whole pregnant thing. I'm so exhausted. The biggest thing is sleep deprivation (which, I'm sure, is just preparing me for when she is here, but still - I cant help but feeling like I'm getting a raw deal because I will have that when she's here). It's just that, no matter how many pillows I have surrounding me or propping me up in certain places, I'm still super uncomfortable. First of all, baby girl decides that it's the opportune time to start dancing around in mama's belly - a dance that lasts well into the night. Then once she's calmed down, she just shifts her weight when mine is shifted. If I lay on my left side, she sinks into my left side too and vice versa. It feels like I'm literally laying on a baby (or perhaps a pet - something noticeable, that feels like I could just pluck it out from underneath my stomach and I'd be comfortable). But of course, I cant, so I have to lay somewhat tilted so that my tummy isnt directly touching something like the bed or a pillow. It can rest on top of a pillow, but if I sink into it just a trite, it feels like I'm laying on something again. Crazy! Throw in the fact that I average about 4 - 5 hours of sleep a night and I'm running on empty.

Then there's showering. Shaving my legs is starting to really hurt. It's hard to reach all around with a big tummy in the way! 

Finally there's exercise. I have been going on walks and whatnot, but I get exhausted after walking across a parking lot! Gosh, I feel lame! Plus, it's super hot lately and that does not help me out at all. All I want to do is lounge inside with the air conditioning blasting. I really miss my old self - being able to dance and run and exercise and clean and throw myself around like there was no tomorrow. It's amazing how old and disabled I sometimes feel just by being pregnant.

Oh and recently, I havent been feeling that great (sort of nauseous) like every day. It just drags me down further. I still have about 8 weeks left - if I'm just bound to get bigger, I can only imagine how much more blah I'll be. 

The one thing that's getting me through is feeling her move. I really do love it - it's such a surreal feeling! But I'm just getting so anxious to meet her and see what she looks like and what her little personality is going to be like. I cant wait to see who she takes after, me or Tony, both physically and trait-wise. Ahhh we have so long to wait and yet so little time to finish preparing!

1 comments:

Christal said...

lol yeah lots of women after their first pregnancy say that they would love more kids if only they could skip being pregnant! The last few weeks do suck; my biggest thing was I was sick of LOOKING pregnant, dressing pregnant, walking pregnant, etc. And to top it off, Greyson was five days late which seemed like a whole extra month! But really, finally starting contractions and going to the hospital was really exciting, and it's weird but I'm excited to do that again :P You're tough; you're a female!!