7.29.2011

32 Weeks

I've made it to 32 weeks (update). Only 3 more weeks and I've made it to the safe zone. She could safely come out anytime between 36 and 40 weeks. Although, you never know what can happen at this point (I mean, women give birth at 26 weeks and whatnot) but we essentially have about 8 weeks if I carry to my due date - September 23rd. 

Interesting Fact: September 23rd happens to be the longest day of the year; the night is as long as the day.

Butttt she could also decide to show up a little early - it sounds crazy to say that she could potentially be here in 3 or 4 weeks! I hope I make it to at least the week before her due date. I'm pretty much fine with being done with pregnancy but I'm still mentally and emotionally preparing for her arrival. I dont think I will ever be truly ready. But lately, I've been getting serious bursts of reality - that she really is going to be here, our baby, something I've thought about and imagined basically my whole life, almost here - and it scares the crap out of me. People who say they experience so many emotions all at the same time - excitement, fear, anxiety, nervousness, elation, high highs and low lows - are definitely correct. I am feeling all those and more. I think I'm pretty capable of taking care of her and even though I'll make mistakes, I'm certain I will try to the absolute best of my abilities to take care of her and I know I will love her with all I have. But I still question sometimes if I can do it all! It seems so overwhelming, everything in it's entirety. 

I'm thankful for my husband, who is so excited to become a daddy. In fact, he gave me a card yesterday when he came home from work that was so sweet and unexpected. For those of you that are close to me, you will know that Tony is super cheesy but genuine and that's why I love him so much. Two things he wrote in the card (besides admiring me for my ability to get through the hard times of pregnancy and so far fighting my fears off pretty well) was that he loves me so much that it makes him love me more and that he's so excited to get to meet our little girl and show me how he can be a great daddy - and that he's so pumped to do this "parenting jig" with me. And yes, he wrote "jig" not "gig" referring to a crazy dance we'll have to do as parents ;)

So while I'm getting excited (to meet her) and nervous (to attempt to deal with my fear of being in the hospital), I'm kind of in a blah state right now due to the fact that I am seriously revisiting my first trimester, in terms of sickness. I'm feeling nauseous all the time and have even thrown up a couple of times. It really sucks. I've spent the last couple of days mostly in bed. I do not cherish this feeling. I will be so glad when I'm done being pregnant (although, ironically, I'm sure there will be days where I will be over exhausted and will wish for a day of pregnancy instead) and I can start feeling like more of myself again. 

A couple of updates:

~ We decided on a super low-key birthday gathering for my 23rd birthday next Saturday, the 6th. It's something I would normally do now but we just invited people to it :) We've decided to meet for dinner at the Spaghetti Factory (one of my favorites) and then head across the street to the mall to see the movie The Change-Up. We'll probably have cake too :) Something simple for pregnant exhausted mama-to-be. Sounds perfect. Anyone is welcome to come to one or both, so I hope to see you there! =]
~ I get to watch Bear & Daisy (2 sweet black labs) again for a week the second week of August :) So that will be fun and it will bring in some extra cash (enough to order the glider and ottoman for the nursery, as well as a dresser for all of Anistynn's continuously growing collection of clothes).
~ My baby shower now has a secure date and time. When my mom gets back from the family trip to the lake, she and I will go and pick out decor and other things needed for a nice little shower. I ordered invitations too and I got them yesterday (so cute!) so I will be sending those out probably next week. 

So there's some fun events to look forward to! Hopefully I dont overdo myself!

0 comments: