7.11.2011

A Not So Great Day (Although It IS Free Slurpee Day)

Well this morning was crazy. Utterly horrible mixed with humiliation and exhaustion. 

It all started with a bad night last night - I was so hot and completely uncomfortable. I tossed and turned all night (which is becoming the norm for me now) and around 5 AM, I started having trouble breathing. Out of nowhere! It hasnt happened before and I was getting super worried. My head felt like it was going to explode, my nose was stuffed up on my right side, and I couldnt catch my breath. I woke up Tony and we tried putting me in different positions (standing up, sitting up, propped up on pillows with my head elevated, etc). Nothing really seemed to work. I finally downed a bottle of cold water, blew my nose so hard it flew right off my face (or what felt like that, at least), turned on the air conditioning, turned on the tv to try to distract me, and laid down on my left side with my head on 4 pillows, my tummy propped up on 1 pillow, and a pillow shoved behind my back to prop me up from behind. I finally must have fallen asleep (around 7 AM or so) because next thing I know, I'm waking up at 10 AM. Needless to say, I was (AM) exhausted. But I'm glad that little charade is over and I hope it never happens again! Scary.

I had to take Ashlee to camp (church camp) in Forest Groves (check in was 11 AM - 2 PM) so I couldnt sleep any longer. I wrote directions down from Google Maps (we have a GPS but for some reason, I really hate to use it - I guess I'm old fashioned). After driving for about 20 minutes, we realized we were going the wrong way. So we got out the GPS and put in the address and used it from there. However, I missed like 5 turns in between that point and actually getting to our intended destination because the GPS sucks and it didnt warn me soon enough! Or maybe it did and I'm just retarded. Whatever the case may be, I was super stressed by the time we arrived. Her camp was taking place at Pacific University for the week. We arrived, parked, and went to the hall to check in. Ashlee was too scared to talk to anyone herself, so I did it for her and had to play leader for a bit ;) After we got her bag full of goodies, we started to head to her dorm when I saw another table that I thought had the keys on it for the dorms. I told her to go grab hers and she insisted that the table wasnt something she needed to go to and we were all set. So we walked across campus to Walter Hall (her dorm for the week) and lo and behold, we needed a key to get into her room (which was on the 2nd floor and there were only stairs). We asked a couple of the other girls standing around where to get keys, and wouldnt you know it, they were supposed to give them to you at check in. At the very table I told her to go over to. *Sigh* So we trekked back over and got them, then went back to the car to get her stuff (which she packed for what looked like a 2 week stay, at least), and headed back up to her dorm. She finally met her roommate when we arrived back up at her room (a fellow redhead) that she had been so concerned about meeting (and who ended up being super nice). She then appeared to be fine all of a sudden and I was "free to go." 

Everyone that was there (both campers and counselors alike) kept staring at me like being pregnant was equal to being the devil incarnate, so that was a bit unsettling. I was glad to get out of there. I kind of felt like a mom though at certain points, which just reminded me that I actually was going to officially become a mom in about 10 weeks! 

As I was driving back home, the GPS decided to die on me and of course I didnt have a charger. Baby girl was kicking my insides all to pieces the whole way back and I kept having contractions randomly, so my tummy would get really hard and tight and that was uncomfortable driving. Ah well - I'm back home now and chances are....I may just take a nap sometime before The Bachelorette starts tonight.

Oh and it's Free Slurpee Day (7.11.11) so get yours now! It last for 24 hours :)

1 comments:

Kayde said...

I am really jealous you got a slurpee! I am in no mans land so 7/11 doesn't exist here so I just day dreamed about eating one. My mom says she had 5 body pillows when she was pregnant with me and would sleep with all of them propping her up in different ways. It must help haha