7.06.2011

Preparation Has Begun...

So for the last few weeks I have been having "contractions" - I guess they're nothing to worry about. It's just my body preparing for what it's supposed to do in September. So unless they start having a pattern to them, I shouldnt be worried. It's kind of crazy how hard my stomach will get - I start to feel a tightening in my abdomen (painless, just a little uncomfortable) and then I press on it and it's hard as a rock. It happens multiple times a day but in no specific pattern. Also, baby girl likes my right side - she's always pressed up against it, making my tummy appear lopsided. We can feel limbs and whatnot when we press on it. She's also at the point where if you press on my stomach, she'll punch or kick back :) It was hilarious the other day when Tony was laying his head on my stomach (a pastime that's become a favorite of his - he claims he likes being able to hear and feel her heartbeat and all her little movements) and she kicked him right in the face. Ahahaha! Cracked us up. She's still as active as ever, which reassures me more than you can imagine. 

Oh, and FANTASTIC NEWS: I dont have gestational diabetes!! =] So that's one more thing I can cross off my list that I dont have to worry about. Thank the sweet Lord. I'm not having a problem with sugar by any means, but I just know that if I had GD, that I would all of a sudden want all that stuff because I couldnt have it. And it would be 100 times worse because I'm pregnant and if you cant have something you want, it's a life or death situation. But that wouldnt even be my top concern - that would just be a total bummer side effect. I would be more worried about the possibility of a more difficult delivery and possible long term effects for both mother and child. But thankfully, I dont have to worry about it so yay!

1 comments:

Kayde said...

It won't let me comment on some posts!!! dumb blogger. I can't believe that baby girl is coming so soon! You guys have to let me know when you go back up to durango and maybe I can drag Chris there as well or you come visit us once we arent living it up hotel style!