11.11.2011

Vintage Romance

If you saw the pictures of Anistynn's nursery, you might have noticed one thing missing that most nurseries have: a changing table. We did indeed have one picked out that matched the crib and dresser. But after putting most of the room together, there really wasnt that much room left. We could fit it in but things would be squished and the Feng Shui of the room would be messed up ;) So instead, we just got a changing pad and a cover and put it on our kitchen island. Now I know that may sound absurd but it's actually been working quite well for us. It's right there and it's easy and convenient. But after doing this for 8 weeks, it seems that I want my island back. I want to put nice decorations on it (especially for the holidays), use it for baking (since I plan on doing a bunch this season), and just to have the pad, diapers, and wipes off the counter. Granted, it's really only Tony, Anistynn, and I here most of the time so the decorations would mainly be for us, I have plenty of other counter space to use for baking, and the changing pad, diapers, and wipes really arent hurting anybody by being on the counter. But alas, I started looking for another option. 

Then I thought of a play yard. We had been looking at them before Anistynn was born but figured we didnt need one right away since we had a bassinet (they now have ones with newborn sleepers attached). But then I remembered that some of them have changing stations attached to them also. I thought, what a perfect idea! We're eventually going to want one so that I can put her in it to play when she starts moving around if I need to get something done. They're great for traveling (going to Grandma and Grandpa's house or the like), she can nap in it, AND we can change her on it. Perfect! So I started the search for one that I liked and I found it:


It's called Vintage Romance. I think that fits our theme quite well :) 

Features:

- Play yard for playing and napping in.
- Elevated changing table.
- Accessory tray for diapers and wipes (or anything else).
- Wheels for easy mobility.
- Easy to fold up (and comes with it's own on the go carry bag).
- Free hanging toys.

... so it's a go!

Oh, and Happy Veteran's Day (11.11.11)!

0 comments: