11.25.2011

Black Friday

..... sucks. 

Ohmygoodness, what a pain. I havent been real Black Friday shopping in a while. I went last year, but during the day and I only went to Target. It wasnt that bad. I got a lot of really great deals and I basically had all of my Christmas shopping done that day. The last time I really went (as in at midnight) was in Durango but it wasnt that big of a deal because it's a small town and there's only a Walmart. 

I decided I would go this year because of the great deals I got last year. I originally planned to shop during the day but at the last minute, I decided to go at midnight to get it over with. And that way, I wouldnt have to take the baby to that crazy mess. Lia went with me. We didnt want to be waiting for hours for anything to open so we went around 11:40 PM. We went to Kohl's first and the line was super long. For those of you that live in Gresham, it went beyond Fred Meyer. Ridiculous. So Lia and I ran and got in line. It rained on us and we were only in sweatshirts and sweats haha. Truthfully, I didnt even have anything on my list at any place; I was going to wing it and see what they had to offer. After we finally got into Kohl's, we looked around.... they certainly had some good deals, but nothing crucial for me to get. I did find a possible Christmas gift for someone, but after seeing the line wrapped around the entire store, I quickly rethought that situation. 

We made our way to Target next. We got there around 1 AM and the parking lots was full, with a line wrapping around the building. Ugh. We luckily found a parking spot right up front, but we still had to wait in the wind and the rain for a while. There were police cars lining the parking lot and there were officers standing behind the Target employees letting groups of people in to make sure there were no crazy mobs. After we got in, I found a few things that I would like to have gotten, but again, the line was out of this world. People were weaving in and out of the aisles almost around the whole store. The employees were ushering people to the end of the line. Frankly, there was no way I was going to wait in it. I wasnt getting anything amazing (just a bunch of little things) so it wasnt worth it. 

After that, I decided to not go to Walmart (the only other place on my list) because I was exhausted - and I hadnt even bought anything or waited in line! All I have to say is.... never again, unless I have a game plan. Unless I know ahead of time what I really want to get and the deal is so dang good that I cant pass it up, I probably wont go again. The people are annoying (they just stand in the aisles like idiots - move, people, move! - and they're rude), the lines are ridiculously long (that's what keeps you out so long, not the actual shopping), and it sucks waiting around in the cold and rainy weather. That's something I save for Harry Potter only.

So.... lesson learned.

0 comments: