11.07.2011

And DONE! The Nursery, That Is...

We finally completed the nursery. It was certainly a process. First we had the crib all set up at our old place and then we decided to move. So we had to trek it over to our new place and reset it up over here. Then we ordered other furniture pieces one by one whenever we had the money. Hanging up her clothes, organizing her toys and books, and placing decor all took time. I was a little anxious over it at times, wanting it to be done before she was born, but then I realized that it really wasnt that important since she would be sleeping in her bassinet for at least the first few months in our room. So it ended up being no rush. 7 weeks after she was born, it is now complete! 

A couple key elements about the room:

- The essential theme is vintage; dark wood with rustic white accents.
- The calendar is a scrapbook baby calendar that I have yet to put pictures on but it doesnt start until next year, so it's no big deal. It will record anything that concerns Anistynn and it will be a nice keepsake.
- She has too many clothes.
- Some of our favorite newborn photos are framed and hung on the wall.
- Her bookshelf will be ever-growing! She already has a good collection started and my plan is to get her one for every birthday and Christmas. I also plan on writing a special message in the front of each one along with the year.
- Her piggy bank is adorable.
- The pictures behind her crib are her ultrasound pictures!
- The tree decal and her name are the focal point of the room. The letters are wood and they can either be hung on the wall or placed on a shelf, so they're versatile. The tree decal is special because Tony and I both love trees (in fact, we got married under one!) so it was only fitting that we included one in our daughter's room...
- The thing hanging on her dresser holds diapers.
- The basket on top of the dresser holds all of her headbands containing oversize bows and flowers - which we love!
- The music box is Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas and it plays the tune of "This Is Halloween."
- The shelf is her special shelf; it contains the only giraffe item in the room currently, which is a picture holder that holds one of my favorite pictures of her at 4 days old. There is also The Nightmare Before Christmas book which is Tim Burton's original poem and drawings that the movie is based on - this is my special gift to her and I wrote in the front of it :) And the unicorn is from Teri Bjorem, which is special to me because it reminds me of MY mom and hopefully it will remind Anistynn of me in the future. 

The room is a little weirdly situated so it's hard to take good pictures, but I assure you, it's adorable in person! And the last few pictures are of me reading to Anistynn... and then her proceeding to go to the bathroom in the middle of it and me cracking up about it. You'll see the series of expressions HAHA! That's about it - enjoy!


































1 comments:

Kayde said...

Love it it is so cute!!! You guys are the cutest parents and I love the book idea can I steal it one day when I have kids?