11.03.2011

In Today's News...

First of all, I just need to say that I think of the most brilliant things to post about in the early morning hours (usually after 5 AM when Tony heads to work and I'm feeding baby girl), but by the time I sit down to blog for the day, which is usually in the evening, anything and everything has completely slipped my mind. I've taken to writing a few key words on my phone in a blank text message during the day to try to remember, but I'm not always by my phone and I cant really write anything when I'm busy with Anistynn. I need to figure out how to remember what I want to write about! In the meantime, I'll just talk about a few things that are on my mind currently.

We took Anistynn into the pediatrician today just to clarify what was going on with her bum. As I mentioned in a previous post, we thought she had a diaper rash. A ton of people responded to that post and gave me lots of great suggestions and ideas. Hearing from everybody also made me think that maybe she had a yeast infection instead of a diaper rash. We decided to take her in to make sure we knew what we were dealing with and what we could use in the future if it occurs again. So, after first thinking it was a diaper rash and using Desitin and Butt Paste, then the "rash" becoming more splotchy and us thinking it was a yeast infection, thus switching to A & D ointment (because that would work for a diaper rash or a yeast infection), we found out that it was neither and that it was just irritated skin. It probably just got irritated from a wet or dirty diaper at some point. As concerned parents, our first thought is to make sure the area is really clean so we use wipes, which can actually irritate it more. So her doctor's advice was to use a moisturizer (like Lubriderm) and keep using the A & D ointment (he also gave us Triple Paste, which is basically the same thing), while also letting her "dry out" by leaving her diaper off occasionally. So that's what we'll do now. However, while she's had it for about a week, it does seem to be clearing up now; it started clearing up when we started using A & D and when we switched to Seventh Generation diapers and wipes. I'm not sure if it's both, one or the other, or coincidence, but something was working. Anyway, as long as it's clearing up, that's what we care about. I'm just glad it wasnt a bacterial infection!

Oh and she basically screamed her head off while we were there. Haha. It was so random. She doesnt like being naked and she has to get stripped down whenever we go in so she usually cries a little bit but for some reason she was really upset about it today. They didnt even do anything - just looked at the affected area. Well, needless, to say.... like mother, like daughter ;)

In other good news, we got a hospital bill and a physician's bill for Anistynn today. To sum up, it's about $4,000 total. Soooooo.... we're going to see if her insurance will cover any of it. I was covered via my mom (I have been using my insurance, Aetna, through my whole pregnancy, labor and delivery, and hospital stay) but Anistynn is not on there. They called to ask if we needed to add her but we already have her on a different insurance. So we need to call back tomorrow and give them her information and see if the insurance will cover any or all of it, otherwise we have to get on a payment plane for that. Sigh. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm so blessed to have good insurance to cover me, but it would be awesome if she would be covered for that time period too. She's been covered for everything else  so far (all her pediatrican appointments and she even has a dentist for future dental appointments). Please oh please!

Random thoughts of the day:

~ The nursery is basically done. We just have to hang the newborn photos and ultrasound photos and then I will take pictures and post them! :)
~ I am so gong to spoil my bestie's little baby boy :)
~ I have my 6 week (and final) check up tomorrow. Then I can get the go ahead to start exercising again, carrying more than 10 pounds, doing "extreme" housework, and drive. Yayyyy! :)

0 comments: