11.01.2011

My Bestie Is Expecting...

My bestie found out today that she's going to be having a little boy!! I am so stoked for her and her husband, Ben! Not only am I excited that my best friend and I will be having kids close in age (about 6 months apart) but because I have a girl and she's having a boy, I will get to hear about all the joys and craziness that comes with a boy and she will hear all the details of my little girl. It's just so fun. She's halfway through her pregnancy right now - in March, there will be a handsome little boy gracing us with his presence. I love babies! I just really wish we were closer (she lives in Canada). I would so be there if I could to visit her and baby Vink in the hospital. I wish she could have been here for Anistynn too but that's just how life is sometimes. I cant wait for her to meet Anistynn though. She'll be much older then as it will be sometime next year (so unfortunately, she wont get to see her as a tiny baby). And of course I cant wait to meet her little guy. 

If Kim and I were closer, we'd have so many play dates between the children, and we'd get to go to "mommy" things together. We'd always have someone to go with. And if we just needed a girls day, we could hand off the kiddos to the boys and go have ourselves a grand time! Sigh. I miss her a lot. With our lives being so busy, we really only talk about once a month on the phone, where we usually catch up for a couple of hours. And then there's always random banter on Facebook. At the very least, we have Facebook to update each other and see pictures. 

Some mutual friends are already joking that Anistynn and ? (no name picked out yet) will get married way down the line. Wouldnt that be hilarious? I already told Kim that we would probably want to team up and plan their wedding for them ;) It would be one awesome wedding though, that's for sure. Regardless of if that ever happened, I really want them to be pen pals from day one. As soon as Anistynn and baby Vink can really start communicating (writing letters / drawing pictures / sending gifts, etc), I really want them to be in touch. They need to know about each other and even though they are distanced, they have a little friend in each other. Plus, I'm sure it would be exciting to have a friend who is far away that you receive mail from every now and then and for the holidays and someone who you can get super excited about seeing in person whenever that can happen. I think it would be great for the little ones :)

Anyway, I'm so excited. Can you tell? I love you Kim and soon to be baby boy! Yes, I love him already.

0 comments: