9.30.2011

Sigh Of Relief

Good news first! Anistynn gained 5 ounces within 24 hours! Yay! That makes me happy. After yesterday, I was just so worried and sad. Last night and today I just fed her via all three methods: breastfeeding, bottled breast milk, and supplementation with the formula the doctor gave me. I kept track of how much she was eating and how many wet diapers she was having. We took her in to get weighed around 5 PM and she had gained 5 ounces. They said that was really great. We're going to continue to supplement her through the weekend and then take her back in on Monday to get weighed again and we'll go from there. While it still irks me that she cant get everything from me at this point, I'm so happy she is getting what she needs. As for me, I'm going to continue to do certain things to help production: drink lots of water, pump more, and just continue to feed her on a regular basis.

We also received Anistynn's insurance card today - finally. We applied for Healthy Kids quite a while ago and it took them forever to give us an answer. But now Anistynn is finally approved and she's on OHP (Oregon Health Plan) Family Care under Healthy Kids and she's covered in everything from medical to prescriptions to dental to vision. So yay! :) 

Tony and I also ordered business cards for our respective businesses (mine being pet-sitting and his being photography) so I'm looking forward to getting those. Tomorrow we're heading to Babies R Us to get some photos done at Kiddie Kandids (we'll see how they do - I dont really like studios because they always look so cheesy but I looked at their site and saw some cute photos so I'm hoping ours will turn out like that). If they dont, well we have an appointment set up with this lady photographer on Sunday who is doing it for free to expand her portfolio since she wants to specialize in newborn photography. Her name is Monica and she's a mom of 3. She's giving us a disc too so that will be awesome. Stay tuned for pictures either way! I know Anistynn is already 2 weeks old today (update) so she will be a little bit past the "newborn" phase, but I really want to preserve her at this stage so we're doing it - it's better than nothing!

Well, this mama is tired and we just got baby girl to bed so I'm going to hit the sack myself and try to get a couple hours of sleep before she wakes up asking for more food! I'll leave you with our first official family photo (because those hospital ones were all over the place) courtesy of my dad. It was Anistynn's first visit to church!

0 comments: