9.24.2011

Recovery?

I have to say I never thought I would be doing so much right after having a C - Section. I was seriously picturing being in bed or shuffling around my house for weeks, trying to recover and heal. From what I'd see on tv, women were always told to take it super easy and that recovery was longer and more painful. I seem to be doing pretty well, although it's not all roses. I do have pretty bad pain but it's usually controlled by my pain meds - however, after it's been a certain amount of time, I either wake up or suddenly feel a lot of pain where my incision is. It seems to drag my body down and I have to kind of hunch over in a way when I walk. There's also sleeping - it actually hurts more to lay down then stand up or sit and it sucks getting in and out of bed, especially to feed baby girl. It's a slight discomfort when I sit down and when I get up from sitting, but once I'm sitting it's not too bad. I'm not supposed to lift anything more than 10 pounds (and mainly just baby) so I've been sticking to that, although it's hard. I'm not supposed to do housework unless it's minimal. This is hard for me to refrain from too. I definitely cant bend over and pick something up off the ground. To sum up, yes, my lower midsection is sore and will still take some time to heal completely (approximately 6 weeks). But as for my activity level, well, Tony and I have been out and about every day since coming home from the hospital. We have been running errands, going shopping, and last night we went up to my parent's house. We've also been doing a little more on our apartment (working on the nursery and installing some different lights in the kitchen, among other small things). All while taking care of baby girl. My feet have become a little swollen, so I think I need to chill for a bit. I think I'm on my feet a little too much right off the get go. And so far, I havent slept at all during the day - no naps. so I should probably start doing that. I'm sure I will once Tony goes back to work on Monday. I think I was just trying to spend as much time together as a family as we could while he had some time off. 

Anistynn is great. She fusses very rarely and only when she's getting changed or is super hungry. She does great in her car seat and riding around in the car. She is just lovely while walking around the store (we went to IKEA today!!) and at home she is just super cute, all sleeping and eating and pooping. Yes, that's right - my child's poop is cute. What can I say? I'm a proud mother :)

Tomorrow's agenda? Church!

0 comments: