9.01.2011

The Countdown Is On!

Today I had a baby appointment. She is still in the breech position, although she is starting to drop. I can feel it too. Her head isnt so much in my ribs any more and I feel a ton of movement lower down. It also means that she's "dancing" on my bladder, hence my need to visit the restroom every 5 minutes. Ahh it's finally reached that point. Anyway, we have scheduled the date of the C - Section:

Friday, September 16, 2011 at noon.

Two weeks, baby, TWO WEEKS! If I go into labor before then, I have to immediately go in because apparently breech babies tend to come faster than head down babies. So if I dont want to attempt that way (which, as I mentioned before, has more risk factors) then I need to go in asap. And again, if she happens to flip before then (we'll continue to check at my appointments and again before the surgery), then I'll just go on as normal or they'll send me home from the hospital. They wont perform it if she flips. One of the cool things I found out today would be that my doctor, Joanna Hatfield, will be with me the whole time at the C - Section. Since it's a group practice, there was no telling who would be my doctor when I actually went into labor, but now we know she'll get to be there, so that's somewhat comforting. 

Still. I cant believe it's so soon. It will go quicker than we know it. I'm so terrified but I'm so anxious to finally meet her. AHHHHHH!!!!

0 comments: