9.14.2011

Is It Really Just 2 Days Now??

So our apartment is finally almost done. I'm so proud of Tony and I for getting it together under these conditions, what with him working full time and me being 9 months pregnant. We have just a few select items left to move over (small things) and then do a final drop off at our storage unit. We need to make a run to the store to get some easy to make meals / frozen meals to stock up our freezer and fridge for after baby comes. And we still dont have everything we would like for the nursery but it's things we can make do without for now. We'll probably finish it within a couple months. It wont matter too much because we plan on keeping Anistynn with us in our room in her bassinet for the first little while. 

So I'm feeling better about that. And I'm so glad the weather is a bit cooler. Thank God. It's more bearable now. Baby is still keeping me up until the early morning hours, but it's probably because I'm moving around so much during the day that she sleeps during that time. When I finally lay down, she decides she's up and ready to go! She kicked so much last night that I thought she was going to rip out of my stomach on her own! 

Ummmm..... I cant believe there are only 2 days left. I feel like I'm not even really here; kind of like I'm just existing, if you will. I cant believe what's about to happen and no matter how many times I try to picture the scene, I just cant believe it's something that will actually happen. And in 2 days, no less. Oh Lord. It's just so hard for me to grasp. We've been anticipating this day (well, I have for a good portion of my life), but Tony and I have been anxiously awaiting this day for the last 9 months. Each week brought us closer and made it more realistic. Every ultrasound and hearing of the heartbeat reminded us of the tiny little miracle we had created. And now, in just 2 short days, we will finally get to meet her - a real live little baby! We will get to see what she looks like, what her personality is, who she resembles - both physically and trait-wise.... Man, oh, man. Just crazy!

Now if only I could get over my anxious nerves about having surgery..... I know they wont fully go away and that it's totally normal for anyone to be nervous about it, but since I'm overly freaked out by the hospital, it's just a bit harder for me to deal with. I pray that I can have the strength and the courage to make it through this. It does make it easier knowing that I'll get to meet my daughter on the other side of it... I just have to hold on tight to that knowledge and just push through the temporary fear.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What made you decide on a Cesarian over natural?

Danielle said...

I didnt necessarily choose it, per say. Baby girl is in the breech position so it's medically necessary. We didnt want to try to turn her manually because it's not guaranteed that she'll even turn and it could send me into an emergency C - Section if her heart rate dropped or she got distressed because of it. And even though babies have been born breech, it poses great risks for both baby and mother and it usually ends up in an emergency C - Section anyway. So we chose to schedule a C - Section as it was the safest way to bring Anistynn into this world.