9.05.2011

Well, It Wasnt OFFICIALLY Labor Day...

Happy Labor Day!

Luckily, it wasnt MY labor day.... I'm not quite ready yet. Of course, if she decided to make her appearance sooner, then I would have to be ready no matter what. And truth be told, I know I wont be ready when the day comes anyway; I dont think one can ever truly prepare for such a major life event. You just have to adjust and learn once they're here, just like everyone else. 

It's just so crazy to think about everything that will happen in about 10 days. All of it will be new. It's terrifying and exciting at the same time. Here's what's on my mind - all the new things I will experience all at once:

- Major surgery (I've never really spent time in a hospital to begin with as I've never really been sick and I've never had any surgeries. The most I've had done was had tubes put in my ears when I was really little - and I dont even remember that - and I've had some teeth pulled). I've never even had a cavity or a broken bone - nothing major that was painful and that required a recovery process.
- Stitches or staples (I'm not sure what will close up my incision); I've never had either, thus meaning that I've never had them removed either.
- The whole recovery process from what it takes to recover from a C - Section to regular pregnancy recovery, which will still happen no matter how I deliver her.
- Having a BABY!! Obviously, this is my first pregnancy, so it's my first experience delivering a child (in any way).
- Having, taking home, and learning how to care for a newborn baby; adjusting to my new role as mama. 

So there's lots going on and it's all a little bit overwhelming to have all these things happen at once - totally new experiences in every way and more. But on the other hand, it's crazy amazing that we're having a baby in 10 days. WHAT?!?! It is definitely something. I can hardly wrap my mind around it. You picture and dream about something for so long and then you just cant believe it when you're finally in the midst of it and your dreams are coming true. It's already weird to say that in a little over a week, Tony and I will officially be parents; it's going to be even weirder when it's 2 days, the night before, 2 hours.... !!!!!!

It's coming up so quickly! In the meantime, baby girl is dancing in my tummy - she's constantly on the go it seems, dancing her little feet off. I guess the countdown is really on now!

Here's some pics of us at Eagle Creek today (we went there for a family picnic):




37 1/2 weeks!

0 comments: