9.25.2011

Church Outing

Anistynn went to church for the first time today at 9 days old :) As was expected, all of Lia's friends were fawning over her, oohing and ahhing at her every move. Of course, she was loved by all. She was great, too. Slept all the way through church and then continued to do so while being passed around. We took some family photos too so I'll post those once my dad puts them up. Oh, and I had my first coffee in 9 months - mmmm peppermint mocha from Starbucks. I LOVE fall / winter! We even went to Costco after church and she still, well, slept like a baby, the whole time. We got to shop and eat and she didnt wake up until we got home. 

We tried to do a newborn photo shoot tonight (Tony was going to take the pictures) but she got really fussy when we took her clothes off (as she usually does) so he could only get a few snapshots in. We'll have to try again soon, sometime in the morning as that's when she sleeps the most and is quite peaceful. You could put her in any position and she'll continue to sleep haha. So stay tuned for those!

Tony goes back to work tomorrow =( I'm sad because I've really enjoyed getting to spend time together as a family unit, but alas, the real world calls and bills need to be paid. Luckily his hours are good: 6 AM - 4 PM, so he can be home for dinner and bed time rituals. Plus, I feel good about being home alone with her because 1) she's awesome and 2) I'm feeling better physically than I thought I would (see my previous post). I was all worried about being alone with her and healing before I had her but since having her and getting to know her, my maternal instincts have seriously kicked in and I'm super comfortable with and around her. So it's no biggie and I relish being able to stay home with my little girl instead of having to put her in a daycare or something. As long as we can afford to have me stay home, that's definitely what we will do!

Here's Anistynn before we took off for church:


And here's her currently, all ready for bed in her cute sleep sack:


<3

0 comments: