9.28.2011

Nursery Is Almost Complete!

The nursery is coming together more and more. I'm excited! I always thought I would have it completely ready and put together long before baby girl even got here, but along with moving, I think I was always hesitant on if the baby was for sure going to be a girl that I just neglected to really put it together. I mean, we purchased and received girl items but I think I just didnt want to put together a sweet little nursery and then end up with a boy. But now that she's here, we went at it and it's almost complete! Well, at least as complete as we're going to do here in this apartment. We had thought about painting but I decided I didnt want to do it while living here and we could just use some other decor. We'll paint her room when we move into a house. Here's what we have left to do:

To purchase:

- Glider / ottoman (getting that on Saturday)
- Changing table (we have a changing pad and a changing pad cover, but we currently have it sitting on the counter lol)
- A couple shelves for fragile decorative special items
- Hamper
- Side table (still undecided on if we want to get this but we're keeping our eyes peeled for a good priced one that we could put next to the chair)
- Lamp

To do:

- Finish hanging up the valence over the curtains and put up the tie backs for the curtains as well
- Hang up clock, calendar, and some other decor
- And then of course put together / set up the other furniture when we get it

So we're almost there! I think it'll be done in the next 2 weeks. It's not major because Anistynn is sleeping in her bassinet in our room currently and we probably wont transfer her to her crib for another few months, but it's nice to have a room already set up waiting for her arrival :) She's got her crib, dresser, and bookshelf already set up; she's got a tree decal on the wall, she's got books and toys and stuffed animals; she's got a very full closet of adorably cute clothes and blankets; and she's got super cute curtains that tie the room together.

I'm excited to see it done (although I'm sure things will be added and taken away as baby girl gets older) - I'll post pics when it's finished!

0 comments: