9.22.2011

Yet Another Reason Why My Husband Is Amazing

Today we took Anistynn to her pediatrician. 

Fun Fact: Dr. Norman Eki was also my pediatrician when I was a baby all the way until I was about 12!

It was mostly just intake so we filled out paperwork and got her registered into the system. Dr. Eki checked her all out and said she looks great and really healthy. It makes me feel so good to hear that. Anistynn did fairly well although she started crying near the end when she didnt have anything on and they were checking everything out. As I mentioned before, she seems to be modest and when she's getting her diapers changed or her clothes changed, she fusses a bit. I just wanted to reach out, grab her, and hold her when she started crying, even though nothing was wrong and the doctor was just doing his job. No shots or anything, but goodness, I wanted to just take her back in my arms! I can already tell I'm going to be the mom who winces when her baby gets shots or anything else. But anyway, Dr. Eki said she looked really alert and her weight was good, so nursing has been doing it's job apparently. Oh, when they placed Anistynn on her tummy, she started to push so hard with her legs and arms and it looked like she was about ready to crawl away right then and there! Yet another reason why I think that she will accomplish things early and be motivated to do things and get places. Just like how she figured out that she has to place her hand over her pacifier to keep it in her mouth if it starts to fall out while she's sucking on it :)

After her appointment, Tony and I actually went to The Children's Place (a cute little store) and got a Christmas outfit for baby girl. It's soooo adorable and I cant wait to put it on her and take Christmas photos! Plus, I just love the feeling of fall and winter and all the holidays that come with it. I am so excited to celebrate this year with our sweet girl. What a wonderful gift to have! 

So we went to the doctor, the store, Safeway, and Subway (I had my first sandwich in 9 months - I didnt eat any deli meats or have any coffee during my whole pregnancy - so that was on my to do list) and Anistynn was amazing. She was so quiet; no fussing whatsoever. She was awake part of the time, asleep the other, and just sucked contentedly on her pacifier. She was adorable. We got to test out the stroller too and it was awesome. We have one of those travel systems, so the car seat attaches to the stroller and then when she outgrows her car seat, she can just sit in the stroller normally. I think I might have been out for too long though because I started to really hurt and we had to go back home so that I could take some more pain meds. My stomach started to kill so we had to get back before I completely put too much strain on my incision, lower back, and legs / feet. But we had a good day.

Now on to the amazing husband part :) Tony sold his motorcycle today to help with baby girl's needs (among other other things). I had no idea he was going to do that. I love the motorcycle so I'm a little sad, but honestly, we havent used it much and now that we're going into winter, we probably wont use it until at least Spring, maybe Summer. But I know it meant a lot to him and he put a lot of work into it. But he said he wanted to make sure we could do some things with Anistynn that we might not have been able to do for a while. Basically he wanted extra money for bills, our family, and Anistynn's savings account that we have set up for her. As much as I loved the motorcycle and was sad to see it go, I have such respect for Tony for doing that. He told me that it used to be his baby but now he has his own baby and that's more important and will always come first. He said we can always get another one sometime in the future but for now, he wants to focus on Anistynn and be there for her. 

I love him so much! He is just a sweet guy. Plain and simple. And he's a wonderful daddy.

0 comments: