9.13.2011

Sugar & Spice Or Puppy Dog Tails?

Last night sucked. Baby girl would not let me sleep - perhaps an indicator of what's to come? Haha. She was doing all sorts of acrobatics (maybe she flipped??) and she was really playing a number on my bladder. I'd drink like a sip of water and I'd have to go use the restroom. Gooood times. Anyway, my mind is in serious overdrive. It is going from one thing to the next. It gears up especially at night. I try to read or do something else that will make me tired so I can fall asleep right after, but nope.... my mind is still going 50 million miles a minute. It's all over the place too - from random things to baby things. Mostly baby things. 

And have I mentioned that I keep having dreams where she comes out a boy?? I know I keep going back to that just because she was in a difficult position... All 3 technicians who looked said they were pretty sure it was a girl because they "didnt see much going on between the legs." However, her legs were closed so dang tightly that something could have easily been hiding ;) They ended up telling us that they were 95% sure that it was a girl - but then my doctor said she was 95% sure that baby was in the head down position and lo and behold, she was breech! So who even knows? They told us to embrace the girl - and I have. We have all girl stuff. God help us with returns and exchanges if it comes out a boy HAHA. 

No matter what that little baby comes out as though, we will still be so in love. We didnt care what gender it was at the beginning (although, if it does come out a boy, I will be a little shocked right off the get go because we've been anticipating a girl) but I will be SO excited either way! Tony is still positive that she's a girl, despite her position on the anatomy ultrasound. He claimed she was just being modest ;) He said he felt it was a girl from the time I announced I was pregnant. And what's weird is that all my life I always pictured being a mom of boys; when I thought of having children (which was often) it was always little boys running around. No matter how many I had, they were always all boys, never girls. But for some reason, when I met the man who would become my husband, I always pictured a girl with him. And then I got so sick, so of course I was having a girl (based on the old wives tales - although I know a few girls who had bad sickness and they had boys). 

The reason I bring all this up is not because I'm concerned it will be a boy (again, I would love either a boy or a girl, and as along as he or she is healthy and happy, that is all that matters in this world), it's just that I keep trying to imagine what this Friday at noon will be like. I'm trying to picture the whole scene from beginning to end and when they pull out baby, what will they say? 

"Congratulations! You have a little boy!"

OR

"Congratulations! It's a baby girl!"

And because I've never felt fully sure what we were having because they couldnt point out anything clarifying the gender, I've always been a bit back and forth, so that is probably why my dreams and thoughts are the way they are. I cant help it. Some of my friends who have had girls also had ultrasounds where they were in difficult positions... And I've said before that if people find out they're having a boy, they dont really question it, but if they find out it's a girl, there's always a chance it could be a boy ;) Well, I guess we'll find out in 3 DAYS!

0 comments: