8.13.2011

Pet Sitting While Preggo

I'm at my client's house doing a pet sitting job (Bear & Daisy) so I'll keep this somewhat short. I arrived over here yesterday and the dogs were so happy to see me. They were trying to jump all over me, but because of baby in the tummy, I had to restrain them a little bit. 2 black labs may not be the best thing to hurtle at a baby haha. They're so sweet though. I went and played with them in the yard for a bit and then I gave them treats in exchange for tricks. They love that, of course.

I left in the afternoon to go meet Tony so that we could turn in our applications for that apartment. 2 applications and a $90 check later, we're now just waiting to be approved. Keep your fingers crossed! We'll probably hear by Monday if we've been accepted or not - if we are, then we have 24 hours to accept or decline it. If we accept, our next step is to write out a $200 check to place a hold on it (since the current tenants wont be leaving until the 21st and then the cleaning crew has to go in and whatnot; so it would be about the 27th before we could start moving in). So just stand by for an update on or around Monday.

I came back to Bear & Daisy yesterday evening. I love being here with them, but my client's house doesnt have air conditioning.... I KNOW. Sooooo, it's not awesome for me. I could sleep in the bed upstairs but it's extremely hot up there, so I decided to take the couch downstairs, where I could open a few windows and feel a slight breeze. Needless to say, there wasnt much of a breeze anyway. And it's a leather couch, so I was all sticking to it haha. I was laying there for about an hour when my hips started to hurt really bad. The couch is also lower to the ground and with my incessant need to pee every 5 seconds, it was a strain to keep getting up and go to the bathroom (which is on the other side of the house, I might add). And everytime I did, it just reminded me about my aching hips. I know, I'm such an old lady. Psshh. Anyway, it was a long looooong night indeed. I'm so sore today. I miss my bed at home =( We have a king size Tempurpedic so this was definitely a change. It did a number on me and my ever-expanding tummy! ;) In my bed at home, I surround myself with pillows, I can stretch out as needed, and it's certainly high enough so that it's only a slight struggle to roll myself out of bed to go to the bathroom. I havent had to sleep on a different bed since we were in Durango back at the beginning of May (and I was 18 / 19 weeks at that time) so I can definitely see how my body has changed and I notice what tweaks it out now. Ahhh dont you love it when your hips widen? Good times, good times.

I'm here for the rest of today, tonight, and then until about 7 PM tomorrow. I cant wait to go home and take a nap in my bed! I'm already exhausted from playing with the dogs, taking them on walks, and not getting a ton of sleep. Oh, and did I mention they have chickens, too?! Although I am grateful for this job and the extra cash it gives us. Baby girl and I are troopers! :)

0 comments: