8.19.2011

Bebe Update

This morning I went to breakfast with my mom, my sister, Karissa, and my mom's best friend, Teri. After that, we went shopping for baby shower stuff. I think it will be a fun party :) Oh, I also ran into Jamie, my best friend from high school who I hadn't seen since about 2004! We both did a double take at each other and then started freaking out. She's coming to my shower too - I cant wait to catch up with her more! I love that girl to death. 

After going home and taking a short nap, Tony took me to my appointment at OHSU. I wasnt really looking forward to today because it was going to be another physical one. I always hate those. We had to see how baby was doing if everything was going accordingly...down there. Plus I had to get the Group B Strep test done since I'm 35 weeks along. Anyway, after giving my typical urine sample and taking my weight and blood pressure (all of which were "perfect" according to the doctor), she had me change into the hospital gown for the physical part. And, because it was me and that's my luck, my doctor had a resident following her around today and observing. So I had my doctor, a resident, and a nurse all at my feet observing me. Goooood times. Haha. But it was fine. I actually felt like it was preparing me for labor and delivery what with all the people that will be down in my junk when that happens...and I just practiced letting my embarrassment go haha. Anyway, the doctor felt my cervix and said that baby's head was right on my bladder and that I was dilated 1 centimeter. She said I had 2 more weeks before I was considered full term. At 37 weeks, baby can come at any time and they'd be happy about it. We listened to her heartbeat and it was still as strong as ever. She was moving around like crazy while we were listening too. The resident sure got a kick (no pun intended - well, ok, maybe a little bit...) out of seeing her kick and my stomach popping out. Baby girl is also in the perfect position - head down, back to my stomach, feet in my ribs. Haha. 

Now I will start going to the doctor once a week. We are getting closer and closer! Ahhhh!!! Once again, I was nervous and anxious to go to the doctor, and once again, everything is perfect and fine with both baby and mama :) I am so relieved. 

And I am 35 weeks today - here is my update!

0 comments: