8.16.2011

Approved!

You can probably figure out what this blog will be about based on the above title..... Yes indeedy, we got approved to move into the apartment! We will officially be moving in on August 27th. We are excited to not only save money (at least $400 a month!) but to start fresh in a new place. Like I stated before, we are definitely downsizing in, well, size, but not in what we need. Right now we have more than we need. I'm looking forward to being in a more comfy, cozy, and manageable place, especially since baby girl will be here soon! There wont be as much cleaning and whatnot, which can leave me to focus more on her. I probably would have anyway, but with my perfectionist attitude, I would have always been thinking about all the stuff that needs to be done (and it certainly takes more work in the place where we are currently). 

SO. Again, we will be moving into a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, one level, ground floor apartment. We will have a patio, fireplace, laundry room with washer and dryer included, all kitchen appliances included with kitchen island, and walk in closets. It will be much easier to move our furniture into as well! Think about our king size Tempurpedic bed....last time we had to move it up 2 flights of stairs!! We wont have any stairs here, which is a plus with a baby (think hauling her, car seat, diaper bag, stroller, and anything else picked up while out and about like groceries in and out of a place with a bunch of stairs....no stairs will be nice)! There's also plenty of amenities at this new place including a pool, sauna, hot tub, 24 hour fitness center, playgrounds, theater room, conference center, beautiful lobby, and walking / running trails around the lake that the property sits on. We currently have no amenities at the place we are at now. 

While we are excited to move, we are still a little bit sad to leave this place. I mean, it was our first home together as a married couple. And it's where I spent most of my pregnancy. But this new place will be Anistynn's first home and I think it will be nice :) Not to mention, my younger brother and sister will probably enjoy it as well, what with the pool now available to them ;)

And of course, I'm still a little worried about moving while I'm 8 months pregnant...but as long as I can try to remain calm and take things easy, it probably wont be that bad. But like I said, with my personality, I'm the type that wants to take charge and it's going to be really hard not to move heavy things or wear myself out by trying to get everything into place where I want it. In this situation, I will have to allow people to help haha. Trust me, it's harder for me than you might think. Now, the only other thing we can pray for is that she doest come early so that we can have a little bit of time to get somewhat settled!! Oh, and we can paint over there, so we're planning on painting at least one wall in the nursery :) I found matching risk-free latex paint that matches the bedding set we got; as in, it's specifically picked to match the Daniella bedding set. The paint is actually made for nurseries, being the safest paint for both mothers and newborns. Here is what I'm talking about. We're going to be getting 3 different colors - 2 shades of pink and 1 brown color: Floating Petal, Frosted Rose, and Saddle Tan. Yay!

I will take pictures after we've moved in.... I cant wait!

2 comments:

Kayde said...

You are one amazing woman I hated moving with a puppy I can't imagine it almost 9 months preggers. If I was anywhere close I would totally come help you guys. Good luck I can't wait to see house pictures.

Beth said...

Trust me, you will be so happy you moved now than when she is here and fresh! Its much nicer to be settled somewhere permanent than not with a newborn. Good luck with the move, bribe your friends with pizza and don't lift anything!!