8.26.2011

Decisions

So last night Tony and I talked a lot about what we wanted to do based on this whole breech situation. We both dont feel comfortable with trying to turn her. With the poor success rate, the possible emergency C -Section, and the discomfort it will cause me, it just doesnt sound like something we want to attempt. We also dont really want to go the route of a vaginal breech delivery. It increases the chance of negative risks occurring and I'd more than likely end up with an emergency C - Section anyway. 

So here's the plan:

- I'm going to attempt some of the exercises that have turned babies in the past (although none are proven to turn them or guaranteed to do it, it still doesnt hurt to try). 
- At my appointment next Thursday, we will check on her position. If she has flipped, then so be it. If she hasnt, then we'll go ahead and schedule the surgery for about a week before my due date.
- She will still have about 3 weeks to flip on her own before that date. 
- If she flips before then (either at a check up or when they do an ultrasound right before the surgery), then the C - Section will be canceled. If not, then we'll go ahead with the surgery as planned.

After talking with Tony, he has really calmed me down. Me being me, I was initially freaked out by the thought of surgery. I was a little emotional. But after talking about the pros of it, I feel a bit more comfortable with it. However, that doesnt mean that I'm not anxious or nervous about it. I mean, for God sakes, it's SURGERY! Who wouldnt be at least slightly nervous?! My main concern is always Anistynn's health and safety though. This is the safest option and so I'm content in knowing that. And there's nothing to be worried about with her at all at this point; she's just simply in a more difficult position. 

Well, I'm 36 weeks today. Update

And tonight Tony and I are having a date night. Possibly the last one for a while, so we hope to go have some fun! I think just a nice dinner and a movie.

0 comments: