8.29.2011

BABY SHOWER xoxo

Yesterday was a lot of fun! My mom threw a really nice shower for me at her house. I headed over to her place around noon and picked up my sister, Karissa, on the way. We stopped at Baskin Robbins and picked up baby cones that we filled with Rainbow Sherbet and Picnic Punch Sherbet (watermelon and apple). When we arrived at my mom's house, her and her friend, Teri, were in full swing cooking and getting things set up. The decorations consisted of streamers, tablecloths, balloons, flower petals, and potted flowers. Plus a sign that said "It's a girl!" was outside in the yard to direct people to which house it was. We had a bunch of yummy finger foods set out: grapes, veggie trays, cheese and crackers, pinwheel sandwiches, and mini wiener wraps. The drinks consisted of ice water, punch, and iced coffee. And the desserts included different types of candy in bowls (Reese's Pieces, sour watermelon gummies, orange gummies, chocolate covered raisins, baby Blow Pops, jelly beans, and Smarties), cupcakes with pink and purple frosting, and of course, the baby cones. 

Everyone started arriving promptly at 3 and I was trying my hardest to keep up with everyone who was arriving. I would start visiting with someone and someone else would come in.... you know how it is. There ended up being a pretty good turnout so it was quite fun getting to catch up and visit with everyone. We played a few games, the first one being a game where you made a list of anything you could think of baby-related according to the alphabet. For example: B is for booties and N is for naps. The person with the most letters filled out and the most creative answers won a Starbucks gift card. Camille won that game :) The second game was guessing how big I was based on centimeters. There was a range of guesses and I ended up being 103 centimeters (holy moly!). Kari won a Starbucks gift card with a guess of 102. Might I just add in that my sister guessed I was 130 - good Lord! After the games, everyone went to go grab some food and goodies. When everyone was settled with some munchies, we started with the gifts. Everyone was so generous and I'm so appreciative! Anistynn made out good, that's for sure. Let's just say, she will be one well-dressed little baby. She got a million zillion clothes. Good thing she has a walk in closet in her nursery! ;) But you know how it is - everyone always wants to get cute little baby clothes for little girls. So that was the majority of what we received but we also got a play mat (which is awesome and I'm sure will bring at least 10 minutes of relief here and there to mommy), books, some toys and teethers, a couple blankets, some breastfeeding essentials, a nasal aspirator, some pacifiers, a photo album, and a few decorative items. Oh and we also got a handmade quilt from Tony's nana, Suzanne, that was similar to the one she made us for our wedding, except that it was for Anistynn. I LOVED it. Plus a bunch of diapers and wipes. Which brings me to the Diaper Raffle we had (for everyone that brought a package of diapers and / or wipes, their name was entered into a raffle). We drew 2 names and Marty won a gift card to the movies and Caitlin won a gift card to the Olive Garden. So enjoy, ladies!! :)

After that, the shower was pretty much over and we just hung out and visited for a while. My good friends, Dana and Jamie, came so it was really fun to get caught up with them. Once everyone had left, the guys came out (my grandpa, uncle, dad, cousins, brother, and husband) for dinner - Chinese and pizza. Haha, an odd mix, but delicious none the less. I also went through all our gifts again and showed Tony everything :) Finally around 9 PM, we decided to head home. I was exhausted!! After the emotional crazy moving day on Saturday, and the fun-filled busy day on Sunday with the shower, I was just dead tired. Plus, I had been on my feet for most of yesterday and now today my lower back, hips, and feet are absolutely killing me. Goodness gracious. 

Today I"m trying to recoup a bit by taking it easy, although I'm quite nauseous today. We hope to move a few more smaller items over to the apartment this evening once Tony gets off work. I'm seriously at the point where I'm really feeling this pregnancy now. Deep breaths, deep breaths.....

Below are a couple pictures from the shower (there are more on Facebook). Also, sorry for my double chins... Karissa was taking photos and she was sitting on the floor in front of me - not the best angle!!





















Again, I just want to say THANK YOU to my mom for throwing me this shower at her house and also for getting everything, preparing food, and baking / frosting all the cupcakes! THANK YOU to Teri for going shopping with us for decor, for helping with and cooking food, and for just putting so much effort into getting everything ready. THANK YOU to Karissa for decorating and playing photographer. THANK YOU to Lia and Anna for helping clean the house, arranging all the decor nicely, helping with the games, and just generally doing whatever we adults told you to do ;) And of course a big THANK YOU to everyone who sent gifts or who came out to celebrate the impending arrival of baby girl! It was much appreciated! =]

0 comments: