10.09.2011

Poor Baby

Anistynn has been a little off for the last two days. Something was wrong but I just couldnt quite place it. I'm with her almost all the time so I can tell when something is different. She's usually a happy baby - she eats and sleeps and looks around at everything in a curious way when she's alert and awake. But lately she just seems kind of down. She's crying a little more. I noticed it was when she was trying to go to the bathroom. She scrunches up when she has to go and she has started crying a bit while she's trying. I didnt know why at first and I was worried. Tony mentioned that it might be the formula but she's been on that for a couple weeks now. But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. The formula is iron fortified and I wonder if the iron isnt doing something to her. At the end of my pregnancy, I started taking iron supplements and every time I took it, it made my stomach cramp up and it would leave me constipated (sorry if that's TMI, but I mentioned once that everything in pregnancy is TMI). So I'm thinking that maybe that was making her tummy hurt and is leaving her a bit constipated, especially now since we're using the formula more. She doesnt have any other symptoms - no fever, no cold, nothing. We're calling the pediatrician tomorrow just in case but I really believe that is what's going on, or at least something close to it.

All I know is I hate to see my baby hurt or uncomfortable. Funny how seeing your child in any sort of discomfort can hurt you as if you yourself were the one in pain. Just one more reason to remind me that she is my whole world now and the sun rises and sets with her.

Also, happy birthday to my grandma, Doris! :) We had fun celebrating her today.

0 comments: