10.07.2011

Eat, Sleep, Poop, Bathe, & Repeat

Baby girl is 3 weeks old today (update), and boy, has she been eating like crazy! She wants it all the time - thus resulting in more and more diapers! As I mentioned previously, I'm still breastfeeding (or pumping) and then using formula as well. I can hardly keep up with her so we've been using more formula than breast milk lately (she's still getting it though), so when we took her in to get weighed today, I was positive she would be up. Little did I know how much - she was up 10 ounces! How is that even possible?! In two days?! I thought for sure something was off but she was weighed on both scales and it was the same. Dr. Eki said that it definitely happens and that sometimes babies even gain a pound! Crazy! Anyway, I'm not complaining if she's getting what she needs and she's not losing anything. So now she is officially in the 7 pound range :) Ahhh, my little baby is growing so fast.

We ran a bunch of errands tonight (and Tony got a flu shot) and then we even went to Chang's Mongolian Grill for dinner. Anistynn slept peacefully the whole time (see below):


We also gave Anistynn her first official bath tonight. We've beeen sponging her down up until now. She wasnt happy at first (did I mention she doesnt like getting her diaper changed or clothes changed or taken off???) but then once the warm water cascaded over her, she calmed down a bit and just sighed from time to time. She got all shampooed and baby washed, and then lotioned up and wrapped in a little towel robe. After she was dried off, we got her all ready for bed and then fed her until she fell asleep. Here's the succession of events in pictures:





Ahh I just love fluffy baby hairs. And here's a final picture to top off the night. Doesnt this just melt your heart??


And what's even cuter is that she continually sighs while she sleeps; she makes these totally little girlie sounds and it's just adorable. Gosh, I dont know how I could love her more.

<3 

PS - Happy anniversary to my parents! 

0 comments: