10.03.2011

We're Getting There!

I had my 2 week postpartum check up today. 

Diagnosis: healthy! :)

I've been talking lately about how I've been feeling pretty good and how I seem to be healing fairly quickly. I'm still taking it easy and not overdoing myself on anything because I want to make sure that I heal fully and properly - so I still wont be lifting anything heavy or doing any major housework or activity until about the first week of November. Then that will have been the full 6 weeks of healing the doctors told me it would take. So today when I went in to meet with Dr. Hatfield, she was telling me that I was looking great and I was just where I needed to be, if not ahead. Everything is healing properly and looks good. My blood pressure is great. I'm not having to take the pain meds as much (mostly just Ibuprofen now) which is good. She recommended that I still take it easy over the next 4 weeks but that she's really happy with how well everything went: healthy baby girl, quick recovery, and general good health. I got a flu shot today too (Tony will be getting one this weekend) - so we are covered with that. I've also lost 21 pounds! I gained 30 during pregnancy and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have to say though, it still sounds like a lot to me because I've never fluctuated with weight really. So to hear that I lost 21 pounds is both awesome and surreal at the same time! Haha. That leaves me with about 9 pounds left and my doctor said that more might come off just by breastfeeding and by continuing to heal fully throughout the next 4 weeks. So yay! I cant wait to start running again though - I have missed it. Depending on the weather, I will do it as often as I can. I know we are going into winter so there may not be as many chances to, but I will also take advantage of the 24 hour fitness center we have here at the complex. I'd like to do some toning up! I'll have another appointment in 4 weeks for my 6 week check up and that should be it!

We took Anistynn to the pediatrician to get weighed again and (insert sigh here), she lost 2 ounces. We ran out of the formula they gave us last night so she didnt have any supplement today. This tells us that she'll still need to be supplemented. So that's what we will continue to do.

I got a photo from our photography session yesterday and I LOVE it! I cant wait to get the disc next week so I can share them all with you!

We also received the wooden letters for the nursery today, as well as How I Met Your Mother season 6! Oh, and we got the glider and ottoman for the nursery as well. It's really coming together!

0 comments: