10.10.2011

Here's To Many More!

Today was our first wedding anniversary! I cant believe we've already been married for a year. It feels like I was just sorting out the final details for our wedding. And not only that, but we have a 3 week old baby girl! My, how time really does fly. 

First of all, Tony took off work today, which was a surprise. He also got up and took care of Anistynn to let me sleep in! I was so out I didnt even realize it until he came into our room holding a breakfast tray. He brought me breakfast in bed, season 6 of How I Met Your Mother, and a peppermint mocha. So we watched an episode and had breakfast in bed while Anistynn slept away in her bassinet, full from her delicious formula breakfast not long before. Then we got up and kind of just hung out with baby girl for a while. We exchanged gifts (I got Tony Fast Five and a sentimental card :) and he got me a full on peppermint pedicure with all the works at a spa in Portland - and not only that, but he got 2 of them so that I could go with a friend... so who wants to go with me??? =] - and a sentimental card. I mean, we had to get cards for each other, right? After all, the first anniversary is paper). We then went to the mall to walk around with Anistynn in her stroller (we actually ran into Diana Davis - my friend Katrina's mom!) and we sipped on a Jamba Juice (Caribbean Passion).

I guess Tony had also arranged with my mom for her to come over and babysit while he took me to dinner and a movie. So we went to the Olive Garden and What's Your Number? 

Sounds nice, right? This is how it really went: my mom arrived after 6 PM and we left at about 6:30 PM. We got to the Olive Garden and as soon as we had ordered, we started looking at pictures of Anistynn on my camera. Then we started talking about her. Then we rushed through our meal so quickly, you'd think that we hadnt eaten in days. We made it back to our place in under an hour. My mom was so shocked when we walked in. She thought we were joking! Haha. I just missed my baby girl so much. She convinced us to go see a movie, so after being home for about 10 minutes, we rushed off to see a comedy. It was funny but I kept checking my phone every 15 minutes to make sure my mom hadnt called (I told her to if anything was wrong). I'm sure I'll get over this (well maybe not fully ever - I mean, you will always worry about your kids no matter what age they are) but at least it'll get to a point where it hopefully wont be so hard to leave. Like I mentioned before, everything is still so new and frankly, I just love being around her. 

Anyway, we still had a good anniversary. We are now home with our little one. We're about to watch one more episode of HIMYM and dig into the top tier of our wedding cake (which we've had frozen for the last year - chocolate with Andes Mint filling... MMMMMM) and then we'll hit the sack. Here's some pics from tonight:




Annnnnnd.... a couple pics of baby girl because, well, of course:



=]

0 comments: